How to find old houseing maps

jasonbo

Nov 1, 2005
Round Rock, Texas
Detector(s) used
Ace250 / Cibola
I can put any map that is on the web an overlay it into google earth as i did with the maps for hurricane katrina for the red cross an cnn you may have seen them. http://work-at-home.business-opportunities.biz/2005/09/26/work-at-home-hero-uses-google-maps-to-aid-rescue-efforts i can also fade these in google earth to see what the before an after is but im having trouble finding old land owner plot maps for my area of bell county texas any idea?

S

stefen

JASON,

COUNTIES ACROSS THE U.S. VARY AS TO THE ORGANIZATION AND STRUCTURE OF THE GOVERNMENTAL OFFICES.

FIRST, TRY THE COUNTY SURVEYOR'S OFFICE FOR LAND GRANTS, LAND PLATS, RECORDS OF SURVEY, DIVISION OF LAND, RECORD MAP, TRACT MAPS, AND THE LIKE. MOST LIKELY, THEY WILL HAVE THE SURVEY MONUMENTATION RECORDS AND BENCH MARKS. there IS A HEIRARCHY OF NAMES DEPENDING ON HOW A PEICE OF LAND IS BROKEN DOWN...MAY BEGIN AS A LAND GRANT, AND THRU THE YEARS AS ITS ACREAGE SIZE IS REDUCED...WILL EVENTUALLY BECOME A TRACT MAP.

SECONDLY, TRY THE COUNTY ACCESSOR'S OFFICE. THEY MAY HAVE THE SAME DOCUMENTS, IN ADDITION TO 'AP' MAPS (ASSESSOR PARCEL MAPS).

STRANGE AS IT MAY SEEM, TRY THE COUNTY TAX COLLECTOR...

ANOTHER BACK DOOR METHOD IS TO CONTACT A LOCAL ESCROW OFFICE FOR DIRECTIONS...OR A TITLE COMPANY.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread