How to get the most...

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally instead of wasteing time taking apart & seperating the diffrent metals .I would take the whole appliance to the recycling place as is ,you should get the steel price 4 them usually 8 to 12 cents a lb here in Georgia N .of ATLANTA .Hope this info helps :Davers

OP
OP
mreese1849

mreese1849

Apr 6, 2012
Ga
Detector(s) used
Present: Minelab equinox 600
Past: Teknetics eurotek pro, Minelab xterra 705, At pro, Fisher f75 se, Explorer SE PRO, bounty hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok thank you. I just wasn't sure if it was worth the time to take them apart.

wolfmann

Dec 30, 2006
here in the great state of iowa you cant sell a appliance without a state demanufacters license!!!!!!

dumpdigger

Nov 30, 2008
Kansas
Detector(s) used
XLT, Vaquero & Fisher 1280
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take the motors out and sell them alone. They are worth about four times what iron usually is. I sell the compressors alone as they have copper in them and bring a lot more than just scrap iron. Some of the good washers have stainless tubs. Probably a good dryer would to though I have never seen one. Sometimes the trim and handles are aluminum or stainless steel. If I can I take stuff apart with a big hammer and goggles before I use wrenches.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread