How to ground ballance

james199

Feb 7, 2016
Daytona Beach
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have had my tiger shark for a month now and i think I finally figured out how to ground balance the darn thing. Turning the knob 5 times in one direction or the other is B.S. to a point as I find that I need to keep going in on direction or the other maybe 3 or 4 more turns before I get a steady sound ( something the directions don't tell you ). I must say over the weekend my wife and i went up to live oak Fl. and we had a blast finding everything from coins to pop tops ( some I know was over 50 years old ) I guess I had to post this to give myself a pat on the back for figuring out how to ground balance and what pull tabs and money sounds like ...

Yea I know I spelled balance wrong as i type from a Dumb Smart Phone

kebo (scnative)

Mar 7, 2015
Lexington, SC
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Vaquero; Tesoro Conquistador uMax; Teknetics Omega 8000, Makro Racer
Primary Interest:
Other
Lots of videos on youtube on how to ground balance. Maybe none for the Tiger Shark, but there are lots of video's to show ground balancing on other Tesoro machines.

Good luck and welcome to MD'ing!

GA_Boy

Bronze Member
Jul 30, 2006
Jefferson, Ga
Detector(s) used
BH LRP
1265X,
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the world of different soils. GB'ing used to give me fits in some of the Georgia soil I have encountered.:BangHead:
Marvin

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Easiest way to ground balance that I know and use is to think of the GB knob as the volume knob on a radio - turn it up (right) if you need to adjust the tone more positive, turn it back or down if you need to go the the negative side. Once you're close to a neutral tone when bobbing the coil, turn it in small increments to fine tune or set it slightly positive or negatrive, if desired for some reason.
luvsdux

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread