How to make dowsing rods...

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love treasure hunting, and I also love science. The science part of me says there is no way dowsing is possible, so for that reason. I will be testing it out on my paranormal investigation youtube channel. How do I make dowsing rods that are inexpensive and easy. Because I want to test this and not be bias and have rods that dont work and just say dowsing isn't real. I'll believe things if I have conclusive evidence

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I think the first question(s) should be, what kind of dowsing do you have in mind? Are you looking to find water/water lines/sewer pipes/septic tanks? Are you looking for minerals? Relics? Graves? (no, not to dig up!)

Or are you wanting to do the map or photo thing, where you find caches or items without actually being there?

Is the object of this test to "prove" that dowsing is real or to "prove it isn't"?

And finally, as far as dowsing rods goes, lots of folks use welding rods, pieces of steel or copper rod, willow branches, etc. Some people use a pendulum. I think there are even more ways as well.

Good luck with the video! :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

i Liked your post to get your attention :thumbsup:

Un.jpg

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
THANKS for posting that link kcm!!

ART, thanks for making this fantastic thread!! SO HELPFUL!! Now, I have a LOT of reading to do, because this thread 323 comments!! LOL.

FROM ART ON HOW TO FIND DEPTH!!

"This needs a little more room and a stack of penny's won't hurt. Place the penny's so you have 20 or 30 feet of space. Find the signal line and mark it. There is two ways to follow the line to the target. From your marked spot you can walk a S pattern toward the target. Your rods will close and open each time you cross the line.
The other way is to stand on the line facing the target. As you walk toward the target your rods will form a rough V. After 2 or 3 steps stop. Side step 1/2 step to the left and right to see what your rods do. When you get to the target your rods will close.

All minerals have what is referred to as a "HALO" or cone of energy that comes to the surface at a 45 degree angle from the target. To determine the depth of a target--------

1. Stand over your target with the L-rods crossed.
2. Slowly walk away from the target and the rods will open and point ahead.
3. Inch along until the rods form an inverted V with the tips about 1 !/2 inches apart and mark the spot.
4. Measure the distance back to your target. That's how deep the target is.
5. If you measured 1 foot the target is less than 1 foot deep. "

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
That tread is the methods that I use. As everyone should know that dowsing works a little different for each person. These are just examples to try as you learn what the rods are telling you..

OP
OP
S

SorenCoins

Apr 5, 2015
Parker, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Minelab Go Find 60, Bounty Hunter Sharp Shooter II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I really want to try dowsing for anything. Water cuz' its fun, relics and minerals because i collect, and caches because... well im on Treasure Net!
My goal isnt to prove it real or prove it isnt, because I honestly have no idea if it is real. I was mostly wondering whether you have to buy special rods or if you can just make metal ones. Someone suggested it would take a week for the energy to go into my arms? Does it really take a week?

morbiusandneo

Jun 16, 2007
Detector(s) used
Dowsing rods
SorenCoins,

That sounds more old-wives-tales type of stuff concerning rods taking a week for the energy to go into your arms!!

ART's tutorial thread listed above has SO MUCH valuable information. Just use metal coat-hanger as instructed. If not, then there are many places to get cheap rods under $20. That's all you need, and off you go!! Keep us posted!!!

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I don’t believe in people spending money to see if dowsing works. Get some coat hangers and see how it works. I prefer 3/32 brass rods but when you upgrade it costs you more.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I know that on-site dowsing works. As a kid, had a neighbor find water lines and the septic tank one time. He used welding rods - but then he did lots of welding, too! We were fascinated at how accurate he was. When he said that anyone could do it, both I and my dad jumped at the chance. And it worked. It worked better for me than my dad, but I think that's because I was more open to it than he was. However, it "did" work for him as well. I think the issue of whether it works or not depends ENTIRELY on the person trying. ...Maybe I'm wrong.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
I think the issue of whether it works or not depends ENTIRELY on the person trying. ...Maybe I'm wrong.
I think you are correct. If it is mental or not but something is blocking them. My late wife tried and tried and the rods would do nothing

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread