How to pan for gold

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just put my second video on youtube, titled - How to pan for gold. I got some good feedback and great suggestions from you guys on my first video - how to highbank. I'm new to this video stuff, so any constructive criticism is appreciated. I'm having a lot of fun doing this, but I want to help people learn how to start prospecting. I have been prospecting for over 50 years - time to give back.

Upvote 0

rhinohiker

Jul 9, 2015
SF Bay Area, CA
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
PayDirt1850,
That was very helpful to me as I am a new member and just getting started. I am looking forward to seeing more of your videos in the future.
-RH

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, glad you found it helpful. I am putting the finishing touches on my next video -how to crevice for gold. If there is a subject you would like me to cover - let me know.
Thanks - PD

pingdis

Jun 7, 2011
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Not yet.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thank you and well done. I would also highly suggest anyone panning to get a green Garret 14" classifier. Will save alot of time and move much more dirt.

Adventure_Time

May 31, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent work, much better and to the point than 95% of the other videos I've seen done.

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to thank everyone for the encouragement. Hopefully, I will get better the more videos I do.

geolover

Dec 5, 2015
Temecula
Detector(s) used
White's GMZ twin D-Gold Master (shrapnel & casing finder) Garrett pin pointer at
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thet vid was gold! I'm a little frustrated with my panning so I've watched a few (I take way too long). The best point, or at least what I'm going to try is not using the riffles when I get a little closer. I think that was a really good point and something I've never tried

Smithsgold

Oct 18, 2005
Northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites and Minelab
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been looking over other videos on panning for Gold and let me tell you there's a lot of them out there !! Each and every video is different some better than others, some I have know idea what they are doing and then there's the ones that break it down in easy to use instructions. I think Gary's video is the best I've seen on the subject of panning for Gold and would like to thank him for taking the time to produce the video !!
I've been prospecting for over 20 years and there's always more to learn !!!
Thanks again

goldhuntertim

Mar 16, 2014
west columbia sc.
Detector(s) used
org. gold bug ,prism 3
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey pingdis that gold looks just like the gold I get in the Sumter nat. forest here in sc. it's a 2 hr. drive for me but I make it a full day of it just wondering around the creek beds I have one spot I like to go to but I'm sure so does every-1 else goes there too (my spot) so that's why I like to look here and there really wish I could go on to some private land to dig but anyways great vid

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Y'all making it harder than it has ta be.....Here.... Try this one...........

Last edited:

flyadive

Bronze Member
Jun 11, 2012
NJ
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just put my second video on youtube, titled - How to pan for gold. I got some good feedback and great suggestions from you guys on my first video - how to highbank. I'm new to this video stuff, so any constructive criticism is appreciated. I'm having a lot of fun doing this, but I want to help people learn how to start prospecting. I have been prospecting for over 50 years - time to give back.

Thank you paydirt ! I'm from NJ and purchased Paydirt from Goldstrike! I couldn't have panned it without your Video ! Must have watched it 5 times! I think it's the best for amateurs like me! Keep up the videos and Thank you again ! HP, HH
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1455768587.085977.jpg

OP
OP
P

paydirt1850

Jun 6, 2015
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for the great feedback. When I hear that my video has helped someone discover the excitement of gold mining, it makes all the work more than worth it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread