How to retrieve draft copy of an incomplete post ?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Apologies for this, it likely is something I missed.... then again, it could be my browser... anyway, I began a post last night, saved the draft, then logged out.
Came back to finish it, only to be left wondering where the $##%%^ it is!

Appreciate your time.,
When you logged out the draft was deleted by software, if you want to save a draft over night save it as a note or email draft on pc or smart phone.

OP
OP
D
Aug 28, 2023
When you logged out the draft was deleted by software, if you want to save a draft over night save it as a note or email draft on pc or smart phone.
Thanks for the prompt reply. TBH, I find this surprisingly crappy for a site as large as this. Not only will users be loosing drafts, but the "post thread" menu clearly indicates that drafts can be saved, or deleted. WTF!?

Guess I will keep looking for a decent forum: using your software cost me a not insignificant amount of time on my very first use!! The next obvious question is: what else here is F'd up?!

robertk

Bronze Member
May 16, 2023
Missouri
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
White's Spectra v3i
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Whites Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TBH, I find this surprisingly crappy for a site as large as this. Not only will users be loosing drafts, but the "post thread" menu clearly indicates that drafts can be saved, or deleted. WTF!?
A couple of observations (I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just that having spent decades dealing with computers, I feel compelled to respond):

1. What type out a big long post if you don't intend to post it? Saving a draft post seems like one of those features that is neat but should seldom actually be needed. I'd only use it if I were in the middle of typing something and the doorbell rang or something (and probably not even then).

2. The first rule of computers is that they are NOT trustworthy! Save early and often, and this especially applies to things that you spend hours typing.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Many times I have written a post, and then life grabs my attention, or I forgot to hit the post icon.
Then later I go on the thread reading replies and I go what happened?:dontknow:
Then I get to the bottom of the thread and there it sits.
This can be from the early morning-late PM.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks for the prompt reply. TBH, I find this surprisingly crappy for a site as large as this. Not only will users be loosing drafts, but the "post thread" menu clearly indicates that drafts can be saved, or deleted. WTF!?

Guess I will keep looking for a decent forum: using your software cost me a not insignificant amount of time on my very first use!! The next obvious question is: what else here is F'd up?!
Well after your second post you have a rant.
Been on here for 15yrs and it runs a hell of a lot better than a lot of others I have seen/been on.
Then again nobody is keeping you from going to play in other sandbox.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ignore my first reply it was on the old software.

I have saved this reply, and logged out several times, and logged back in, each time the draft is there when I log back in, there are 2 options under the save icon, "save draft" and "delete draft", if draft isn't there then you must have accidentally hit "delete draft," not "save draft".

You don't have to log out too, I rarely log out.

Last edited:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just wanted to try.

I wrote the first line, logged out, back in, went to the random chat first, then here.
The first line was still there.

creskol

Gold Member
Jan 14, 2007
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Other

You need some salsa for that chip on your shoulder?

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

WOW! Tell us how you really feel!?!

Sounds like "OE" on your part.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread