How to track down military names?

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
Trying to return a found graduation ring. Graduated Notre Dame 1948 Air Force ROTC (AFROTC). I checked the yearbook seniors and did not find him. There is only one page in the yearbook about the AFROTC and it only list the names of the training officers. Found at a defunct American military base in England. Initials are DEM

Attachments

• cadet1.jpg
    cadet1.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 149
  • cadet2.jpg
    cadet2.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 144
  • cadet.jpg
    cadet.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 145

warsawdaddy

Gold Member
Nov 23, 2004
Edwards,Missouri
Detector(s) used
MXT - DeLeon - Gamma 6000
If you have access to the '47 yearbook,check the Juniors as he may have left early in his Senior year before pics were taken but after receiving his ring.Or,email the college and ask for anyone with those initials for '47/'48 and explain why you are inquiring.

OP
OP
Tin Nugget

Tin Nugget

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2007
Mesquite Texas
Detector(s) used
MXT F2
I'll try the 47 yearbook.

There are allot of Notre Dame high schools but none I can find with an ROTC program or with a crest anywhere similar to the one on the ring. It has a dome with a cross on top, wings with a bomb or possible parachute etc. Fits and ROTC program which they had at Notre Dame and they had the Air Force ROTC program (AFROTC). I can't find any other ROTC school programs with ND initials. Who knows?

Thanks for the suggestions :thumbsup:

kc10bull

Jan 20, 2006
Palm Harbor, FL
Detector(s) used
excal / Fisher
Also remember, that sometimes programs like AFROTC will get cancelled, due to funding / lack of student interest. So in 1947 that school had that program. Also look at the crest and other markings that may identify that specific School. Once those match up you are getting warmer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread