Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went to a house tear down site a couple of days ago with my GTI 2500. As often happens with a soft side case I apparently pushed some buttons I shouldn't have by accident and found my detector in the On positon and the batteries pretty well depleted. It had sat idle for about a week in the case. So, I changed batteries and set out to hunt. It wouldn't take any of my settings and I got some of the strangest sounds I ever heard! After rechecking the batteries were in correct and checking all the connections, it still wouldn't hunt. So, I sat and pondered the situation for several minutes, tried any one of several putton pushing combinations and no such luck! Then something rang a bell way back in the cob webbed corner of my brain, something a factory rep had told me once.....Oh Yes, worth a try. I pushed and held the On button until the detector beeped, indicating it had returned back to the original factory settings. And Wallah! Everything was back to normal and I was able to reconfigure my settings and go to work. So, I saved myself a trip to the factory for repairs. Just a tip in case any of you have the same problem. I should have known to do that but it just didn't dawn on me at the time. Could have saved myself a lot of grief by just using my noggin! Monty

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
as i started to read you post, the ol hold the start button thing popped into my head. im glad it popped into yours as well! i know the reset feature well ::) seems like i am always screwing something up!! for a minute there i thought that your GTI might be messed up again. im glad it wasnt.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Monty,

ditto on the 1500 to reset all setting for factory.

Whenever I start messing around with the controls,
at a site, I will revert back to factory and then start
building my custom programs again.

have a good un................

N

NLINE SIXX

Yes good sound advise from the rep Monty, I believe I also have read that in the manual somewhere when I got the Ace 250.

NL6

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread