woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's say you've got this Ranger-Tell, or whatever, a calculator glued to a swivelly thingy.

Shovel work is hard work, why mess with that? There's a secret keypunch sequence that will cause that same calculator to spit out the winning Lotto number. Eliminate the sweat and the frustration of empty holes, and the poor payoff of digging a stupid rock at 2 feet and having to pretend the thing is worth a fortune if only a buyer could be found willing to pay more than a dollar. Go for millions, even hundreds of millions!

This is truth in advertising-- of the LRL kind. If you understand it, you understand LRL advertising.

The secret keypunch sequence really exists. The difference between this and LRL advertising, is that I am not asking any money for it.

Some of the LRL vendors who lurk here are capable of figuring out what that secret keypunch sequence is. Maybe one of 'em will offer it for sale.

--Toto

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck if I knew how to use a calculator to select the winning lottery numbers for me, I will split the winnings 50/50 to the one who shows me how to do it!! I don't play small lottery jackpots by the way!

OP
OP
W

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
HarleyMan, the algorithm to which I refer really exists and does work, on any calculator. However, ya gotta understand that the things I said about it are written like LRL advertising. True, not objectively false, but very misleading. Like the familiar Gravitator ads you see in some print magazines.

Suppose I was advertising an LRL, and said that it can detect minerals hundreds of feet deep and even determine their depth from the surface. It's a true claim: take it out on a boat on Lake Tahoe or Lake Mead or Lake Superior, tie it to a thousand feet of fishing line, heave it over the transom, and when it stops sinking, it's detected mineral. If you haul the thing back up 6 feet at a time, you can even determine the depth to the said mineral deposit. A decade ago Yocum was selling an LRL the claims for which could be met by an ordinary brick, and "heave it over the transom" is how one of the claims could be met. Ya just gotta understand how the LRL con game is played.

Your Harley can go 300 miles an hour. Drain the gas tank first, and for the price of air freight you can prove that statement.

And that brings to mind the time I was going from Wendover to Salt Lake City on my beemer flat twin and got this great idea that with the legendary Bonnie Salt Flats right there, why the heck was I driving on the highway? .....I didn't give my girlfriend any warning what I was about to do, but was sure she'd be impressed once we were on the flats flying in freedom, no more dotted line! It was such a brilliant idea! until about 7 seconds later we were axle deep in crusted over brine in 100 degree July heat and the direction back to the road was up the embankment. At least I was right about my girlfriend being impressed, in fact she kept reminding me how impressed she was.

--Toto

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread