How To Winterize Your ACE 250 For Cold Hunts

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
<center>
WARM2.jpg

When the cold weather rolls in and the snow stays on the ground, I switch to my ACE 250 and continue to hunt. My focus is now on toboggan hills and in the woods where the snow isn't very thick. My biggest problems using other TID machines was the batteries getting to cold and weakening prematurely, or the digital readout becoming faint and slow to react. I put some thought into this and came up with the following fix.

COLDACE2.jpg

I wrap a sock over the ACE to further insulate it. This works like a charm, and I have put hundreds of hours on my ACE, sometimes it was as cold as -25 C/-13 F. It's a nice change to dig in snow, and you still get loot and jewellery.

Blackjack77

Jun 16, 2006
Minnesota
John- -good ideas!!
Must admit, winter finds Me in My Hamshack!
Hadn't really thought too much about winter detecting- -just early Spring
hunting the city Snow removal areas!! :)
HH

R

robert roy

Excellent IDEA! I find that my batteries also seem to lose power the colder it gets.
Yesterday it started to sprinkle alittle. I put one of those gladbag storage bags around it and taped it to the
houseing. I could still see the VID and control buttons and keep the electronis dry.

Regards
Robert R

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
O.K. John. Now just tell me how to get cold snowy weather here in Florida.

R

robert roy

Excellent Idea!
I'll try it out. Its colder than a "Witches you know what," at 80.000 feet!
Robert Roy

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions