Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC- I would have to disguise that blade as something else not permitted to carry any thing with a fixed blade over 2" long. If I sharpen my digging tool it could do some damage!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
RJC- I would have to disguise that blade as something else not permitted to carry any thing with a fixed blade over 2" long. If I sharpen my digging tool it could do some damage!
Is that some kinda law where you live ?
Folding knives are wicked too. if you get the right one. My fav...
GB5780a.jpg
And another very good choice. My Grandparents were from Ireland, indentured servants. A very dangerous "walking stick" in the right hands.
knobb.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other

Msbeep get an entrenching tool,shovel.Then watch the movie "all quiet on the western front" Ernest Bourgnines character,KAT,will show you how to use it. The part im talking about is at 48 minutes into the movie,i have the movie posted in the thread "favorites"

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Is that some kinda law where you live ?
Folding knives are wicked too. if you get the right one. My fav...

I carry one of them too and have since i was 8 years old:laughing7:

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was a police officer for many years. Bad guys don't hassle those that "look" like they would be trouble for them. Be aware of your surroundings. Look up often. Bad guys pick on those that have "no clue" as to what's around them. I carry. I like living in states that will let me carry. Although my pen has brought down more bad guys than my gun, I have never shot less than perfect scores with my firearm.... most police depts. don't put high enough emphasis on shooting, in my opinion. I consider it a survival skill and practice OFTEN. TTC

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was a police officer for many years. Bad guys don't hassle those that "look" like they would be trouble for them. Be aware of your surroundings. Look up often. Bad guys pick on those that have "no clue" as to what's around them. I carry. I like living in states that will let me carry. Although my pen has brought down more bad guys than my gun, I have never shot less than perfect scores with my firearm.... most police depts. don't put high enough emphasis on shooting, in my opinion. I consider it a survival skill and practice OFTEN. TTC
I agree totally!
Who says my 6' 5" 282 pound A** can not be whipped by a smaller person?
Works though...
And yes, learning to shoot accurately, is A MUST!

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ive been carrying this one for a number of years now.

View attachment 1025931
Hate to one up you Red...but here are a few of my What ifs!
Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Gerber gator and my Benchmade switch blade ( legal in OR).. are currently unavailable Wife has one or two I hope?
DSCN4503.JPG

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Hate to one up you Red...but here are a few of my What ifs!
Gerber Applegate-Fairbairn Gerber gator and my Benchmade switch blade ( legal in OR).. are currently unavailable Wife has one or two I hope?

Nice Blades,Thats ok viking thats what friends are for lol.But,when its time to get mean thats when this comes out:laughing7:

images.jpeg

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Papalittle

Apr 17, 2013
Hardy, Nebraska
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Eurotek Pro, Fisher F2, Garrett Ace 250 Teknetics Delta4000
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Here in Nebraska I dig in many parks and fields but with my county having a population of 7000 I am not too worried about someone bothering me but I do look around me all the time for those over friendly dogs that sneak up on me and scare the heebee jeebees out of me.

Bitpusher

Dec 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I carry a Glock 31 with me, pretty much 24/7. Depending on circumstances, it's either visible on my hip or barely tucked under my shirt.

I use one earbud to detect and leave my other ear open. I've never had any problem.

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
If you drop a hammer on somebody anywhere beside a burglar inside your own home get ready for big trouble. Look at the Trevon Martin incident. So here are my thoughts. Don't go to a dangerous place unless there are two of you. An WW II Entrenching tool turned on a 90 angle carried in a holster on a pistol belt makes one hell of a weapon. MACE too. And a firearm as a last resort because the lawyers are just waiting for you to take your entire estate.

Carry a Texas defender loaded with .410(000 buckshot). It's like getting hit with several 9mm's at the same time. Dump both barrels and then hit the walk away button. You leave no empty casings or rifling marks. OH, scuff your feet so you leave no footprints also.

I always think about many situations ahead of time for safty reasons. When I travel in a MH The plan is similar unless I have my pit bull with me. In that case it is a late snack for him.

Cruel, yes, but necessary in this day and age. Frank...-
Blue 1212.jpg

No one gets by me!

Last edited:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Carry a Texas defender loaded with .410(000 buckshot). It's like getting hit with several 9mm's at the same time. Dump both barrels and then hit the walk away button. You leave no empty casings or rifling marks. OH, scuff your feet so you leave no footprints also.

I always think about many situations ahead of time for safty reasons. When I travel in a MH The plan is similar unless I have my pit bull with me. In that case it is a late snack for him.

Cruel, yes, but necessary in this day and age. Frank...-
View attachment 1026842
No one gets by me!

Yes! roxy badass (640x480).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread