Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recently quit searching dimes when the boxes changed to all new 2018's. I'd love to buy bags of dimes - and I assume this requires buying where there is a coin machine. But my banks and the credit unions won't sell bags. Also, it doesn't seem to make sense to buy where I dump in a coin machine, so I'm wondering if you bag buyers have found a branch where you don't dump that will sell you bags?

All advice appreciated! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Uncleslick18

Oct 24, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
Former teller- totally true. The only way to get an ‘in’ is to make nice with the employees. The one branch that sells to me, there was no relationship building, I just brought in a bunch of change one day to deliberately fill one of the bags, and while the guy was changing them out, I started asking questions in kind of a naive way, and at the end asked, “if I wanted to buy some bags of the change after you take them off because I look through them with my kids, would you do that?” And he couldn’t have said yes fast enough. It really just depends on the person you’re dealing with

OP
OP
Megalodon

Megalodon

Silver Member
May 13, 2018
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Tesoro Cibola
Tesoro Golden Sabre Plus
Garrett ADS Master Hunter 7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You don’t need a machine to buy dimes.
My five banks kept their dimes turned in by businesses/civilian to the tune of about $1k per month.
$500/1,000 worth in rolls per bank.
Very few banks here (dozens) have coin counters.
They didn’t mind my buying and maybe I saved them money.

Thanks. This is exactly what I've started doing in the last two weeks. When they ask how many I want, I reply "as many as you can spare".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread