EdNargel

Aug 30, 2011
Champaign, Illinois
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver Umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
How'd she do?

My 8 year old daughter saw these marbles in an antique store and decided that she was going to start a collection. Not knowing anything about marbles i decided to post them here to see how she did with her first purchase, anything of interest here? the two dull blue ones have a different feel to them and are not as perfectly smooth as the others. Thanks for your help!!

Attachments

• recovered pics 008.jpg
    recovered pics 008.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 121
  • recovered pics 003.jpg
    recovered pics 003.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 103

duffytrash

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2006
ohio river
they look to be vacor of mexico....all made in the pastfew years...theyre pretty,,,,not to be discouraged...those types of marbles show up alot.....a collector has to start someplace...tell her to get what she thinks is pretty and she wont be disappointed.....the good marbles will come...just keep lookin...

lhaase

Greenie
Sep 6, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been collecting marbles for the past five or six years, and i still have a hard time differentiating one from another. :(
But, on the other hand every marble is a mystery!

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
I dont know much about marbles but i pick them up in sugar cane fields where we metal detect. I pick up a lot of clay marbles that if i understand right are from the 1800s. I would gladly give her one for her collection if you PM me a mailing address. My 12 year old son also comes along and finds marbles, clay pipe stems and pieces of pottery. He has even "eye balled" a 1801 Spanish Half real coin sitting on top of a cane row. I always try to encourage children to get involved with these hobbies. Shane :)

Gunrunner61

Silver Member
Jan 12, 2011
Dalton,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, E Trac, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As Shane said if you will pm me with the address I will happily send her a few marbles found while out Dirt Fishing.
Always Glad to help get a child started in a good hobby............................HH

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My eye's, hand's, and occasional shovel!! Basically, just my sixth sense!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are some marble's from 1970 to now that are worth quite a bit. Mostly would be marble's made in the U.S., as in special run single's, or set's. I recently purchased a Jabo V's special run set at my local flea market. Although the market is soft right now, they are worth about $60 to 70, but selling for much less. If you'd like to ID them for sure, go to Joemarbles.com Home Page, the owner's name is Joe Street and he has a link on there where you can send him photo's so he can help you identify them. If you go that route, be sure to take a few photo's of different angle's of about 5 per photo. good luck!!

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the 'dull looking' ones are more than likely from the sea- softened as sea-glass is.

OhioFinds

Oct 15, 2012
lorain, Ohio
Detector(s) used
My eye's, hand's, and occasional shovel!! Basically, just my sixth sense!!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and the 'dull looking' ones are more than likely from the sea- softened as sea-glass is.

I've heard that before, also I have heard of people sandblasting them. What the purpose of that would be, has me stumped! lol :dontknow:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread