Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to treasurenet and md'ing
just picked up a white's 5900 di pro for $150 at a pawnshop
seems to work ok, just testing it with clad coins in my front yard
still need to learn how to use it and wait for warmer weather

question is: if it is in good working order, did i get a good deal? i think i did based on internet listings and ebay, but wanted to hear it from someone within the md'ing community.

plus if i did it'll help me justify the purchase to my wife ;)

thank ya much

Adrian SS

Dec 7, 2008
Canberra
Detector(s) used
LST, BDHI,Infinium,Sov XS,6000DI Pro SL,Scorpion,V-SAT,Spectrum XLT,Gold Spear,Scorpion,Sand Shark, Compadre,Sierra Madre,Safari, SDC2300, Sea Hunter,CS4PI,TDI OZ Pro, Vallon VMH3CS. Gardiner 202A
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You got a good deal on the purchase. But why do you need to justify the purchase with the wife? Does she justify the new shoes she buys and the closlet is full of shoes she doesn't wear? :whip2: :laughing7:

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Take it fire it up and hunt....should pay for itself soon.

G.A.P.metal

Gold Member
Jul 5, 2010
"Kan-a-we-o-la" Head on a Pole N.Y. Seneca Territo
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, 11" Low Freq. , 9" X35 Coils, MI 6 Pointer...
Land or Sea Pointer
King Of Spades 40" KS-D SA and 40" KS-S-SA
L
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
hi
Set all the knobs to pre set the Ps on the knobs BUT SET mode to (geb norm) it will only ground balance correctly in the (geb norm) turn it on hold coil waste high and push the (auto geb switch) to air
listen for a beep ... then lower coil to the ground make sure there is no metal in the ground and pull switch to ground ...listen for a beep ...lift coil up around 12" to hear if therhold is stable if stable not to much veriation in sound if you r ground balanced.... push (auto geb switch) to lock in the middle you are ready.
If you want to hunt in all metal turn mode to (geb sat) it will run smoother in that mode... OR if you want to hunt in discrimintionturn Mode set to (geb disc).
That is the basics for hunting as a new user. The owners manual will tell you so much more read it learn it and happy hunting.
Its a great detector deep hunting meter is spot on.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

OP
OP
P

pyratelife4me

Tenderfoot
Jan 26, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
G.A.P.metal said:
hi
Set all the knobs to pre set the Ps on the knobs BUT SET mode to (geb norm) it will only ground balance correctly in the (geb norm) turn it on hold coil waste high and push the (auto geb switch) to air
listen for a beep ... then lower coil to the ground make sure there is no metal in the ground and pull switch to ground ...listen for a beep ...lift coil up around 12" to hear if therhold is stable if stable not to much veriation in sound if you r ground balanced.... push (auto geb switch) to lock in the middle you are ready.
If you want to hunt in all metal turn mode to (geb sat) it will run smoother in that mode... OR if you want to hunt in discrimintionturn Mode set to (geb disc).
That is the basics for hunting as a new user. The owners manual will tell you so much more read it learn it and happy hunting.
Its a great detector deep hunting meter is spot on.
Thanks Gary G.A.P.metal

Thank you sir, i'm still working on learning how to use it effectively. i appreciate the tip.

rocky raccoon

Jan 24, 2012
nc
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hey, i have been huntin with that for years and it will pay for it self quick,just ake sure to do your ground balance .........welcome to the show RR :coffee2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread