Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a great site. I have not been active in MD for about 5 years. Last time I detected on a regular basis was when I lived in Arizona. It was a newer area. I started out with an Ace 250 (standard and 5" coil) and upgraded to a Minelab X-Terra 705. The 705 was a good step up from the ACE, but the area didn't offer a lot of older places to hunt. I made some decent finds, but not enough to justify my limited time, so I sold the 705.
I retired and moved to a great small town in Idaho. The area was settled in the late 1800's, so there are far more possibilities here. I took the Ace 250 to my sons rental home not far from where I live now and got several Wheaties, a couple Merc's and a 1900 Silver Dollar just before winter hit.

So now that I'm retired and in an older area, I got the itch to hunt again. Looking at many different detectors and not wanting to spend the $$$ for a top end detector, I just ordered a Teknetics Delta 4000.
I think the 4000 will do just fine for coin, relic and ring hunting. Now I can't wait for the snow to melt. I took the Ace out to the few very small areas not covered in snow at my new home (built in 1950) and it read a couple dimes and a quarter at 4 to 6 inches. Problem is, the ground is only thawed to an inch or two.
So, I'm ready to get back into it and share my finds...Can't wait !!!!
In the mean time, I'll start researching places to hunt. A lot of good people here, so permission should not be too hard to get to many properties. I still have my digging tools and pinpointer

Reading all the posts on the Tek 4000 was what made up my mind that it would be a great lower priced detector. Thanks to all who posted on that machine, I think I made the right choice. Now I just need to learn my new machine and get into "The swing of things :thumbsup:".

My Best, John

Last edited:

CladiatorMax

Nov 1, 2012
Garden Grove, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II & Sovereign GT / Garrett Carrot / Stavr Scoops
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
John your excitement to get back into the hobby is inspiring and positively infectious! The Delta is a solid machine for the money and gives you some nice disc and notch options. Hopefully the ground will warm up so you can dig the deep stuff. Congrats on the finds thus far, Merc(s), silver dollar, that has to have you chompin at that bit for more! Thanks for sharing and welcome to TNET.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
Welcome Aboard John! Take a look at Sub-Forums: Idaho for information (i.e., clubs, etc.) directly related to your state.

OP
OP
I

Idaho Digger

Greenie
Feb 25, 2016
Idaho
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 400
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the Welcome. I'll look at the Idaho sub sections.

John

Texas Ed

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2016
Texas Gulf Coast
Detector(s) used
AT Pro - CZ-3D - Tesoro Cortez - Sea Hunter Mark II - GTI 2500 - GTAx 550 - F75 S E - F19 - Pro Pointer AT - Pro Pointer II - Perdator Raptor Model 31
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from S/E Texas Gulf Coast & many good finds dirt fishing.

Texas ED

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread