Howdy from Manhunter

Manhunter

May 13, 2014
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just joined the forum and website today. I am not an experienced treasure hunter although I have always been interested in such. I have spent the last 25 years hunting men rather than treasure, ...., I'm a US Marshal here in the Houston, Texas area. Will be retiring soon and may need a hobby, hence the interest in this website. However I do have family connections with outlaws and folk tales of buried treasure from the KGC, J. Frank Dalton, Jesse James, and Quantrill. I am the great gransdon of Elbert Dewitt Travis from Van Zandt County, Texas. I grew up there and always heard of buried union payroll on the Travis family property near today's Highway 64 and Interstate 20 intersection. I have been on the property myself with my older brother and his old model metal detector trying to locate markers or signs of anything, but to no avail. This was back when I really didnt know what I was doing or looking for. Anyway I look forward to joining in dicussions about treasures, outlaws, or any other topics of interest.

Hangman

Apr 12, 2014
Cape Coral Florida
Detector(s) used
BH Legacy 2500 , BH Time Ranger, El Cheapo pin pointer, ya gotta start some where !
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As you can see, I'm also new at this, these folk's are full of great info, Stay tuned and Good luck.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
imagesJ1R2ZVLA.jpg

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
Manhunter

Manhunter

May 13, 2014
Houston, Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome, Manhunter! I'm just up the road from you in Spring, and grew up in Houston. We have a lot of local detectorists in the area, PM me if you want some info on the local detecting scene. I have some LEO customers from the Houston area. I probably know some guys that you know.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Thanks Wayne. I may hit you up once I get the next few weeks behind me. I retire May 31 then plan to go hang out on the beach for a week or so with the wife.

Take care.

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome aboard!! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread