Howdy from Prescott!

RockDiva

Jul 30, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found TreasureNet...great site! My name is Lora, I live in Prescott, and my dad let the Gold Bug bite me about 35 years ago when I was 8...he still has that old mining claim near Walker, and also the Bradshaw Mine (which I have not poked around yet...waiting for cooler weather). The Mine near Walker is where I learned to pan, wear a hard hat and boots into the muddy shaft. Just hobby mining for now, but the mine's history is rich so learning as I go. Dad can no longer get up there, he hasn't been up there in over 10 years. So much has changed since he played around out there, its a learning curve for sure! The assay reports are amazing, just looking for a way to home-build a rock crusher so I can teach my kids some gold panning. I look forward to meeting ya'll!

Lora

Digger2

Bronze Member
Apr 9, 2013
Vacherie Louisiana
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS,Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500 ,
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett pointer
Garrett Pro Pointer
Detectorpro Uniprobe

Vibra-tector 730
Vibra-Probe 580
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:hello:Welcome aboard Lora, from the swamplands of Louisiana.

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
howdy from Jerome area...8-)

haven't been to either of those mines in years...
but....go four miles south on 89A from the crosswalk on wiskey row...notice the little canyon??? that was one of the first gold strikes in the Prescott area...
go up til the arroyo separates into two...on the left is a old prospect...have found nuggets falling into the creek there...

a piece of 4 inch pipe...weld a base on it...find a nice long metal bar...weld a hunk of metal at one end...get to crushing...thump thump...
great upper body an lower back workout..lol

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...6A0440138086A77534C2D1C2C2BA1&selectedIndex=0

Last edited:

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pennsylvania.gif
Welcome aboard from the great state of Pennsylvania (USA).
reading_01.gif
You might consider browsing Sub-Forums: Arizona for information (i.e., clubs, hunts, finds, legends, maps, etc.) directly related to your state.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2

I just found TreasureNet...great site! My name is Lora, I live in Prescott, and my dad let the Gold Bug bite me about 35 years ago when I was 8...he still has that old mining claim near Walker, and also the Bradshaw Mine (which I have not poked around yet...waiting for cooler weather). The Mine near Walker is where I learned to pan, wear a hard hat and boots into the muddy shaft. Just hobby mining for now, but the mine's history is rich so learning as I go. Dad can no longer get up there, he hasn't been up there in over 10 years. So much has changed since he played around out there, its a learning curve for sure! The assay reports are amazing, just looking for a way to home-build a rock crusher so I can teach my kids some gold panning. I look forward to meeting ya'll!

Lora

Welcome aboard. Are you going to be into strictly nuggets/prospecting? Or are you going to angle for coins/relics as well? I detected in Prescott about 20 yrs. ago, and recall getting silver from the downtown park there (barbers, mercs, etc....). Good luck!

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Welcome from a Native Arizona gold prospector, now living in New York!

hamiddetecting

Gold Member
Feb 22, 2012
North Pole
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT and Excalibur II, Whites, Garrett, Fisher, Alert, MD,Cscope,Tesoro, Compas, XP, Long Rs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread