Howdy from the wasteland!

Midden-marauder

Dec 10, 2023
I failed to do an intro before my first post which is in bad form but I'll do it here now.
Chiming in from Albuquerque NM and hello to all. As far as treasure hunting around here the Rio Grande river hosts bottle dumps both old and new, there's areas where folks have been dumping old cars, glass, trash and whatnot for many years, former homeless encampments dot areas all up and down the banks with findable history going back to at least the 1800s. Very rich hunting spots here, some well within walking distance too. Lots of ghost towns and abandoned waste areas to scour too. This is a great state in general for treasure hunting, some surprising finds for sure in the time I've been doing it with my girlfriend who has eyes sharper than a hawk to boot. We metal detect a bit and have turned up some interesting goodies doing it but it's only part of the game for us. Where we look and dig there's much to be found so it's very rewarding. If you haven't checked out NM for this stuff you really should, it's juicy.
Anyhow, hi from the irradiated waste of New Mexico! I enjoy reading the posts here for sure.

Last edited:

WG2020

Oct 9, 2018
SW Ohio
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I failed to do an intro before my first post which is in bad form but I'll do it here now.
Chiming in from Albuquerque NM and hello to all. As far as treasure hunting around here the Rio Grande river hosts bottle dumps both old and new, there's areas where folks have been dumping old cars, glass, trash and whatnot for many years, former homeless encampments dot areas all up and down the banks with findable history going back to at least the 1800s. Very rich hunting spots here, some well within walking distance too. Lots of ghost towns and abandoned waste areas to scour too. This is a great state in general for treasure hunting, some surprising finds for sure in the time I've been doing it with my girlfriend who has eyes sharper than a hawk to boot. We metal detect a bit and have turned up some interesting goodies doing it but it's only part of the game for us. Where we look and dig there's much to be found so it's very rewarding. If you haven't checked out NM for this stuff you really should, it's juicy.
Anyhow, hi from the irradiated waste of New Mexico! I enjoy reading the posts here for sure
Midden-Marauder,

Welcome to TNet from Ohio. Wishing you and your girl friend a Merry Christmas and a new year of amazing finds. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread