Hows things in the Kokomo, Tipton, Sharpsville, Kempton area ?

VWandSTUDEBAKER

Jul 11, 2010
Gainesville FLorida
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Whites BHID, Whites SurfPlus,Whites 5900 Pro Sl, various other detectors, TRX pin pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I grew up in Tipton County (Groomsville to be exact), but now live in North Central Florida. I;ve not been home since 2005, but waiting on my brother-in-law to get married so we can come visit.

I got the MD bug back in the late 60s when we used to go to a reunion in Indy at some BIG park. As with all kids, I remember following the guy around and seeing what he found. About 1970, I built my own MD from Heathkit since my parents wouldnt spring for a Whites, but since I was in to electronics, they bought me the kit. I swore that when I got old enough, Id get a Whites. I did...and did...and did. Now I have many machines and my latetest purchas was 2 1/2 years ago when I sprung for a V3i. Id sure like to come home and do some snooping. Maybe some old swimming holes with my BHID.

So how are things in the area? Anyone finding much?

GRiley

Apr 15, 2013
North Central Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 6000/DI Series 3
Whites 6000/DI Pro SL
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi VWandSTUDEBAKER,

I grew up in Kokomo and Kempton. I attended Tipton Junior High and A short time at Tipton High and finished High School at Hayworth High in Kokomo. I also attended Washington Grade School (Kokomo) Kempton and Goldsmith Grade Schools. It's been a long time since I have drove by Groomsville.

As for what I've found in the area, You can view some of my finds in the Indiana Finds Sub Forum.

Good to hear from someone from the area. I haven't heard of Heathkit in a long long time. My first remembrance of Detecting was a man detecting around a grade school. I thought it was so cool. My first detector was a radio shack one. It actually did a decent job. I think that was about 1980.

You have come a long way from Heathkit to a V3I. Being in Florida you probably do a lot of beach hunting. How's the detecting in your area?.......GRiley

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions