Hubba Hubba Ding Ding Today was just like SPRING

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Freedom Ace Coin Commander and Ace 250
Wow! We had a beautiful day with temps up to 50 degrees. Clear sunshine and warm weather. It sure dropped
the level of snow and also did a good job of the ice in my driveway. I was able to bust it up into chunks this
afternoon and pull some off the drive and the rest has pretty well melted away. Even with all the snow, day
after day I have managed to keep the drive clear and in good shape except for the 2 inches of ice at the base
which I didn't get a chance to get rid of after our very first snow. It melted into slush and then froze overnight
to solid ice. That was a month and a half ago. Today we finally got our first thaw.
Did anybody out there also enjoy the beautiful weather and have it do some good for you?

It was sure great to see it today. :hello2:

Ray

WindHarvester

Bronze Member
Jan 21, 2007
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker 2 - My eyes
The evenings have been dipping in the 40s but the last two days have been beautiful. The sun is shining now and it is suposed to be mid 60s later today, right now at 10:20 a.m. EST it is 58.3.

I absolutely love it!

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
Bob, Yup, probably so. :laughing7: I haven't heard that expression for a longggg time but it used to
be quite popular. I was trying to come up with a cheery and comical title about this great weather that
everyone feels so good about.

Tee, This nice, appreciated heat wave covers a large area and sure is making folks happy. That expression
you made about Texas weather is common around here, too, about Michigan weather. LOL. I was always
under the impression that Texas weather was always HOT except when it was HOTTER. :laughing7: I
didn't know that it ever got cold enough to snow there.

WindHarvester, With you being a little farther South of us, your temps were even better than ours. It
sure is a welcomed event, isn't it.

Thank you, all, for your replies. Hopefully this warm spell will hang around until spring and then torn
into S-U-M-M-E-R. :laughing9:

Ray

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other
Plop, Plop..Fizz, Fizz oh what a relief it is......That will be when the ground thaws!..........NGE

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
chitty chitty bang bang I can push my digger into the ground around 4 inches now. Maybe we will be detecting this weekend.....Matt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Was really nice out today but REALLY windy. I work outside, not complaining! Charging explorer's batts tonite.

bbqbull

Oct 31, 2006
Mid-Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X 70
Ray, we have a winter storm watch since about 3 pm today for Sunday.
The nice weather was just a huge tease my friend.

OP
OP
Ray S S

Ray S S

Silver Member
Nov 18, 2007
Port Huron, Mi.
Detector(s) used
NGE, Yup, that will be a relief when the ground thaws. This is Saturday night now and today was just below
freezing, but Wed. Thur. and Fri the temps were way up there day and night both so we lost the snow except
where it was piled up and shaded areas like north side of house. All those high winds sure dries up the water
laying on the ground.

Mlayers, that is pretty good if you can dig that deep. Ares is still solid yet. Go for it and see what you can find.

fistfulladirt Ditto on that for here. It was clear and sunny but the winds were high sometimes gusting to 40mph.
The winds were not quite as strong today. That continuing cold weather can do a number on batteries.

Bill-USA Enjoy yourself with it and be safe. Lucky you, with weather warm enough to ride it. LOL.

Mike, Yes that storm is supposed to hit us too. Not looking forward to it, but it is still winter so it is to
be expected.... My shovel and snow blower are still handy. LOL.

Thanks guys for all your replies.

Ray

fossis

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2007
eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites Prizm 11 & White's XLT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CHING CHANG, WALLA WALLA BING BANG, :laughing7: we have been in the 70's, & green grass is starting to grow, & flowers popping up. (It's Coming).

Fossis..............

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread