guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
There predicting bad weather for the west coast of Florida 8 am sunday morning .4 to 8 foot seas.
I guess this is good news . Hopefully it will strip some of the sand of the beaches .Improve the hunts . So far this past four weeks has not been very good hunting .....Guzz1

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I went to Daytona Beach today.

1 TINY silver heart charm (about 1/3 the size of a dime)
1 pair men's sunglasses
1 pair ladies prescription glasses
A tiny compas
3 clad quarters
2 clad dimes
3 clad nickles
14 clad pennies
several poptops and couple bottle caps.......

Slim pickings on east coast as well.....

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
TREASURE HUNTER How many hours were you there to get what you got today?? I'm just curious. Cause , I tend poop out after 3 to 4 hours , sometimes I come home with nothing , few clad and what not ... Guzz1

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Hunted 10am to 5pm with a half hour break for an energy boost. Strong surf, we could on hunt in one direction then walk back up the beach and start over. What a workout on the arms and legs.

All I got was $1.57 in change, 2 fishing lures, a pair of glasses and a junk earring.

Wife did better, she got $1.75, a cute childs braclet, and a chain.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today we got to the beach about 2:00pm and went to clean up at beach showers at 5:30pm, low tide was at 6:30pm, the red tide was in, I was tired from all the walking, we weren't finding enough to keep on looking.

Murph

Jul 19, 2004
sarasota
Detector(s) used
Sovereign GT
this is the first front since the one that came the same weekend of my sov over four months ago. If like the last there should be a large cut to pick through. The last one yielded a nice watch and silver gemstone ring and other assorted junk jewelry. Only bad part is the front has come with non negative tide days.

headed out now to see whats up.

cntrydncr1

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Minelab Excal II, ETrac, Infiniuim
Will be at the beach on Anna Maria Island on the 21st. Any red tide in that area???

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I envy you guys out playing in the storm surges. At least I am enjoying watching my son use the snowblower on his driveway and I don't have to do it. Wonder if I can talk him into doing my drive for when I return home.

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
;)A storm surge really makes big difference . Lot more targets and most pretty good . Makes for a better time hunting for sure ......... Guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
No red tide yet . I think your in good shape . Have a good time ... guzz1

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unfortunately, this was mom's weekend to work and her birthday tomorrow to boot so me and the boys were out shopping for presents and cake today. I got her a really neat heated full message chair and a heated foot messager. The only thing she asked for was a toaster oven. I have the toaster oven sitting on the kitchen counter with her birthday cake. The other stuff is waiting in the den with the Tivo set on Dr. Phil from Friday that she hasn't seen. I also have a cup of Starbucks coffee waiting next to the new message chair. This should be good for at least a couple of trips solo to the beach after Christmas.

That message chair and foot thingy should be just the ticket after a long day in the surf!

trashdude

Nov 21, 2007
Cocoa, Fl
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, XLT, QXT, Beach Hunter, Vibra-Tector 730
guzz1,

Went to the Cocoa Beach Pier. Red Tide wasn't an issue. Found very little. Left after about two hours and went to Jetty Park. Tons of dead fish washed up on shore. Again Red Tide wasn't an issue. stayed for about an hour and found a little bit more than I did at the Pier. At least I was able to get out this time. :-\

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
WENT out this morning to take advantage of this weather , High seas again ,The area were we hunted was quite Barron no depositor's . That resulted in small yield , Hand full of clad . I took home about 2 bucks in clad coins .. No cuts to speak of . maybe it will get better towards the end of the week.
Guzz1

OP
OP
guzz1

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
HEY trash dude , You gotta hate that red tide . We have been real lucky over here this year . Very little outbreaks.. happy hunting .. Guzz1

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread