Huge kudos to Garrett

Tecumseh

Feb 23, 2007
Atlanta
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
My Ace 250 died over a year ago (I left it in my trunk for too many 100+ degree days), and I just never got around to sending it in for repair. Finally sent it in about a week and a half ago.

It arrived back on my doorstep today. I never heard from Garrett, and I was not billed for the repairs. They cleaned it, fixed it, and even put on a new coil.

Now keep in mind that I never registered for the warranty, and even if I had, I've owned it longer than the 2 year warranty period.

So I write this as a big thank you to Garrett. I was willing and ready to pay for the repair, but they got it back to me quickly, with no fuss (and no charge!).

Upvote 0

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always good to hear about great customer service. Some companies just don't believe word travels.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The major companies stand behind their products and try to offer the best customer care they can. Garrett is one of the good ones... :icon_thumleft:

dahut

Nov 6, 2004
Lee's Tavern Road
Detector(s) used
21 years behind a coil

Fisher F70
Bounty Hunter Lone Star
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sandman said:
The major companies stand behind their products and try to offer the best customer care they can. Garrett is one of the good ones... :icon_thumleft:
Indeed they are. I got a broken CXIII GMH last spring for next to nuttin, which I had to send in for repair. Garrett replaced everything in it, and I mean everything, from the instrument face to the mother board.
Then they held on to it for three weeks, as I had arranged payment through a buyer and it was eventually delayed.
TOTAL cost: $91

No it wasn't free, but it was reasonable for a detector that was long out of warranty. They literally built me a new detector - and then hung in there with me until I could get it paid for. All the while they called and kept me updated, and once the technician even called just to make sure I was alright!

Yeah, Garrett gets it.

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have seen great customer service from several of the major company's here and that is great news to me :icon_thumleft:

B

BIG61AL

Don't forget about Whites. I had to send a pinpointer back and they basically rebuilt it using everything that was still good on my unit and replaced everything else free of charge. Great job Whites!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread