Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Perhaps the best thing that my brother has yet pulled out of the ground is this gigantic silver earring! What a rush it must have been for him...check it out.

IMG_0533.JPG IMG_0534.JPG IMG_0535.JPG

Anyway, I'm writing this post to let you all know that we have documented both this find and plenty of others in the past few months. Now, it is time to head back to college, so I made the video below to showcase one last epic hunt and this season's totals for clad, silver, assorted relics and more! I hope you'll give it a look; I was very nostalgic while putting all of the footage together. Here's to one great season of the best hobby in the world! Good luck and happy hunting to all :thumbsup:

Upvote 5

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Nice video. I have dove lake Orion. Lots of history there. John Dillinger owned a house on it. Still looking for that machine gun he might have tossed!

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice video. I have dove lake Orion. Lots of history there. John Dillinger owned a house on it. Still looking for that machine gun he might have tossed!

Wow, that's really neat! Do you ever make underwater videos of your hunts? I think that would be really cool to watch!

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Wow, that's really neat! Do you ever make underwater videos of your hunts? I think that would be really cool to watch!

No, I have thought of it. However, that takes time and patience. I don't have the patience to edit and make something interesting. I might if I ever find a Gpro camera. One of my friends found one last month, so they are out there underwater. The last underwater camera I found, I posted some of the "G" rated pictures on the Lake St. Clair website and got it back to the owner.

The big problem with trying to make an underwater film is as soon as you start digging or fanning, your visibility goes to absolute zero, unless you are on a clean sandy beach which is almost never for me. The muck doesn't bother me and zero visibility doesn't bother me either.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, I have thought of it. However, that takes time and patience. I don't have the patience to edit and make something interesting. I might if I ever find a Gpro camera. One of my friends found one last month, so they are out there underwater. The last underwater camera I found, I posted some of the "G" rated pictures on the Lake St. Clair website and got it back to the owner.

The big problem with trying to make an underwater film is as soon as you start digging or fanning, your visibility goes to absolute zero, unless you are on a clean sandy beach which is almost never for me. The muck doesn't bother me and zero visibility doesn't bother me either.

Hahaha so they weren't all G rated on there eh? :laughing7: That's pretty incredible! I'm sure you've probably watched Aqua Chigger on YouTube before. His underwater videos are awesome, but it sounds like you're digging in some muddier waters. Also, I saw your silver finds in your last post and those are amazing! The walker, SLQ and Washington. You barely sounded phased by finding so much silver at once lol. Well I hope you find a GoPro soon and start putting some stuff on YouTube! It's a lot of fun if you can get into it.

OP
OP
Q

Quin

Oct 28, 2015
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 30
Garrett Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. That would make a nice pendant.

That's funny...once we brought it back home and showed my mom, she was hoping that my brother would make it into a pendant and give it to her for her birthday :laughing7: Seeing as it was his first silver find, he opted out...the sentimental value was too high for him to let it go. But we came together and got her something nice that wasn't stuck in the ground for years lol.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Hahaha so they weren't all G rated on there eh? :laughing7: That's pretty incredible! I'm sure you've probably watched Aqua Chigger on YouTube before. His underwater videos are awesome, but it sounds like you're digging in some muddier waters. Also, I saw your silver finds in your last post and those are amazing! The walker, SLQ and Washington. You barely sounded phased by finding so much silver at once lol. Well I hope you find a GoPro soon and start putting some stuff on YouTube! It's a lot of fun if you can get into it.

If you saw my SILVER totals for the year in the Detroit River you wouldn't be phased either probably. I can give you a hint and you can look at my prior posts. This is all the last 3 months

Half dollars 17, Quarters 70, Dimes 152, war nickels 22. And 36 gold from that spot. I haven't even totaled my silver jewelry finds yet. I haven't even hunted a quarter of it yet.

And yes, I have seen his video's. I hunt where others can't and or won't. I don't mind zero visibility or muck. I sometimes hunt in nice sand but that isn't the norm for me. I can stir up the silt and muck and relax while getting the target. Takes a huge amount of practice and some skill to not worry about your surroundings while being blind, and locating your target.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread