Huge Silver Score -- Pictures Included!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huge for me anyways...:laughing7:

Was watching tv this morning, Satruday, and received a phone call from a number I didn't recognize. I almost choose to ignore it but my finger hit the wrong button so I had to answer it.
To my surprise it was BOA calling telling me that they had $500.00 dollars that somebody dropped off on Friday. I had given my name and number to this teller about four weeks ago and
forgot all about it. Anyways first thing that went through my head was that it was somebody's dumps but I had promised I would take all they had when they called so off I went.
She loaded up an empty box and I was on my way home.

Sat down in my chair and went through $100.00 dollars and decided that it was going to be an exercise in futility.

Next roll <<<<BAM>>>>>

IMG_20130309_103305_835_zps8f8bb315.jpg

Couldn't believe it, A SOLID ROLL from somebody's dumps - all 66's.

Next Roll <<<<Double BAM!!!>>>>>>

IMG_20130309_103114_792_zps29e4efbb.jpg

Solid 67's

This when I decided that I should take pictures of the box I received from the bank. I can tell you right now that if it would
have been a normal box, this would qualify as a "Dream Box" from years ago.

Here is the box of halves from BOA --

IMG_20130309_100557_649_zps4061ef74.jpg

Then some clad and silver mixed.

IMG_20130309_100313_677_zpsa8b0c52f.jpg

Then Double Triple Whammy <<<<<BAMMMMM>>>>>>

Another roll of 67's.

IMG_20130309_095519_401_zpse8284b93.jpg

Opened up several more rolls of clad and then

Lighting strikes again.

IMG_20130309_102630_485_zps5c5d9727.jpg

Am I done, NOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fifth solid roll

IMG_20130309_102755_459_zps8b578f2b.jpg

I ended up with 113 40% half dollars. I am at a loss for words as this is my biggest hit outside of my three rolls of dimes a few months back.

Total Silver for your viewing pleasure....

IMG_20130309_103549_900_zpsf38b6cda.jpg

Now I have to go and change my shorts......:laughing7:

Upvote 0

Styfflin

Jan 8, 2013
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So much silver! Dig it!

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
AWSOME! AWSOME! AWSOME! Guess there goes the Silver for my next box here, lol, nice Score! HH, Maverick.

AdDicted2Ag

Bronze Member
Jan 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the rolls were all the same type of wrapper, someone might have put those rolls in their dumps by accident.. It isn't that likely that someone who doesn't roll hunt has $400 in clad halves laying around, but who knows? Maybe they did.. This happened to a buddy of mine about a year ago.. He put a roll of 40%s in with his dumps by accident and sure enough lost them.. I always bust his balls over it.. This is why I always keep my silver in white tubes.. That way my woman will never accidently pick up a random roll and throw it into my dumps.. COngrats on the awesome haul buddy.. That is why you always buy them all...

Last edited:

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
If the rolls where all the same type of wrapper, someone might have put those rolls in their dumps by accident.. It isn't that likely that someone who doesn't roll hunt has $400 in clad laying around.. This happened to a buddy of mine about a year ago.. He put a roll of 40%s in with his dumps by accident and sure enough lost them.. I always bust his balls over it.. This is why I always keep my silver in white tubes.. That way my woman will never accidently pick up a random roll and throw it into my dumps.. COngrats on the awesome haul buddy.. That is why you always buy them all...

This is what mine go into, no confusion then, lol. HH, Maverick.

Attachments

• DSCN6174.JPG
    DSCN6174.JPG
    140.7 KB · Views: 230
OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If the rolls were all the same type of wrapper, someone might have put those rolls in their dumps by accident.. It isn't that likely that someone who doesn't roll hunt has $400 in clad halves laying around, but who knows? Maybe they did.. This happened to a buddy of mine about a year ago.. He put a roll of 40%s in with his dumps by accident and sure enough lost them.. I always bust his balls over it.. This is why I always keep my silver in white tubes.. That way my woman will never accidently pick up a random roll and throw it into my dumps.. COngrats on the awesome haul buddy.. That is why you always buy them all...

That would explain the five solid rolls, what about the other three rolls that had mixed clad/silver? I am at a loss for words other than somebody passed away and their kids took their coins down
and turned them in????

Just strange is all, lumped together by date on the solid rolls and mixture of 65-69 on the non-solid rolls....

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet cull of silver. That is why you buy them all. Now you take your profits and get the rest of the room painted (picture 3). :laughing7:

The trim is all painted and waiting to be put up this upcoming week. It is spring break.

mountainman 2

Bronze Member
Aug 9, 2006
Extreme Northern NJ
Detector(s) used
whites classic sl,whites surfmaster,garrett ATX,minelab vanquish 540
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats Freedom, awesome score there! Always buy them all.

Infowarrior

Bronze Member
Oct 12, 2012
Fema Region 3
Detector(s) used
NOX 800, Ace 250, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man that is a sweet score!! Does make you wonder about the other rolls... why 500$ even? I would have figured it for someones dumped box as well...

maverick

Silver Member
Mar 10, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
That would explain the five solid rolls, what about the other three rolls that had mixed clad/silver? I am at a loss for words other than somebody passed away and their kids took their coins down
and turned them in????

Just strange is all, lumped together by date on the solid rolls and mixture of 65-69 on the non-solid rolls....

Most likely didn't know that 65-70 are Silver, you know everyone thinks 64 on back are Silver. HH, Maverick.

MentalUnrest

Nov 14, 2010
Very nice score!! I would thanks your fumbling fingers for hitting the wrong button. Someone else could have come in 5 minutes later asking for halves. Would have been someone else's post if not for your clumsy fingers.

Awesome!!

MU

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is an awesome haul my friend... congrats on truely a score of a lifetime. Thanks for sharing, i love the pictures!
hh
buff

OP
OP
FreedomUIC

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I noticed the wall trim missing and my comment was at the uneven paint line. I'm just busting stones. I like to notice the little details.

Four inch trim covers alot of wall....:laughing7: That way there is no paint on the carpeting....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread