goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello, i went back to one of my favorite beaches today. I went to the site of a torn down cabana/snack stand and hit a huge vein of fishing weights. Also got some clad and that penny with some white stuff growing on it (a money tree maybe :o )

Then, i met a lady who said she lost a gold fish charm her husband gave her. There is another MD'er on the beach who may have got it, but I'm keeping an eye out for it...

I then changed from my DFX to the Beachunter and went aquatic. I hit the area where the lady lost her charm and got some really weird junk. First hit was a 1950's flashlight ( i don't think i can get it to work again ::) ) then some pink pail thing that had french stuff on it about internet ??? Then i worked my way down the beach and found some more sharp junk

Then i see a nickel just laying in the water, so i thought that was weird...then i found 3 pennies together (all on the top that i could see thought the water) There were groups of pennies and such all over and i believe some girls through them in to see if i could find them ;)

I finished up with a huge spoon lure and a different lure i eyeballed and quickly disposed of.

There is still lots of water and a missing charm to keep me occupied.....

$.35 (not including the eyeballed money)
5 fishing weights (4 in the cabana)
One huge spoon lure
Peters shot gun shell (pre-1934)

HH
-GC

Attachments

• IMG_0135.jpg
    IMG_0135.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 336
Upvote 0

drver

Sep 24, 2006
Wilmington, N.C.
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
goldencoin cool deal. It sounds like you had a fun day out too bad you couldn’t find the charm that would be a good story and a good feeling too.

JoeinMemphis

Apr 21, 2007
Oakland Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Minelab Excalibur II
great finds! How did you determine the age of the shotgun shell? I am asking because I recently found a bunch of old paper shell heads in an old lake ( actually down in the old clay bed under the sand that was put down by the Corps of Engineers ) HH Joe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread