Humminbird Side Scan Video

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Using RGECY's awesome converter program, I captured sidescan video from a local wreck and was able to post it on YouTube. Unfortunately, when you upload to Youtube the video gets converted to Flash Media Video format so it's going to be much more grainy than it is in standard .MPG format.

I've also attached some standard screenshots to give you a better idea what to expect.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value=" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

townpointwreck1.jpg

townpointwreck2.jpg

FYI...this wreck is deeply embedded in some nasty mud at a depth of 13ft. I made the recording with my Humminbird 987c unit using the standard transom-mount transducer - no towfish yet.

Robert, thanks again for providing such an awesome capability!!!!

Pcola

OP
OP
pcolaboy

pcolaboy

Sep 5, 2006
Pensacola, Fl
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS
Here's another screen shot taken when making a cross-section pass. No definite history available on this wreck other than it appearing on nav charts beginning in the 1920s. Most likely a schooner or snapper smack wrecked during the 1906 or 1926 hurricanes in Pensacola.

Notice how the surrounding sand/mud gives off much brighter reflectivity and ribs of the wreck are located within this area. I wonder why this mud is more reflective than the surrounding area. Could it be rust from the wreck doing this by making the top layer denser?

townpoint3.jpg

Pcola

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread