Humming bird

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Here it is, December 30, and at least two humming birds and wintering over, staying by the bird feeder. Haven't seen more than two at a time, and I have to be sure there's feed for them, it's to late now, and without the feeder they would die. It was cold this morning, and this guy sat there letting me take lots of pictures. When he'd turn his head just right it was bright red, and I kept trying to catch that color, but he moved to fast for me, and I only sort of got it one time. Hope you enjoy the pictures.
3A.jpg
6A.jpg
8A.jpg
12A.jpg
I used a Nikon 5100, 55 to 300MM lens, and photo shopped in Corel Photo Paint, which I don't really know how to use.

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice shots. In what part of the world were these taken?

Southwestern Oregon, we are to far north for them to survive the winter unassisted. I've been told they ride south on the backs of buzzards, but don't know the truth of that, but the buzzards and hummingbirds disappear about the same time, and then reappear in the spring at about the same time.

outdoorfunblonde

Nov 14, 2014
South Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350 with 8.5"x 11" DD coil & Vulcan 360 pin pointer
along with good 'ol eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the cute hummingbirds!! I have a handful that visit my flowerbed here at my deck, and they buzz right near me, sounding like big bees. They are so cute and a joy to have around...
yours are different looking too. little guys here are green and blue mostly.
Enjoy them for me too! LOL

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! It's rare for me to see any Hummingbirds around where I live, but there was one I saw flying around this last fall and there was a very wet early snow coming down that day I saw it. I thought it a bit strange he wasn't long gone to the south by that time of year. Nice shot!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread