Hump day hunt

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
Went out for a little while this morning and the water is getting a little colder (for me). By the time I left I was shaking I was so cold. I guess I won’t be hunting in the water for much longer. No matter, I haven’t been finding much in the water anyway.

Today wasn’t one of my best but certainly not my worst either. I did manage to find two cheap earrings (both junk), two dimes, one penny, another Gerber knife and the usual tin foil, pull tabs and bottle caps. I found that knife at the site below and it sells for about 17 bucks. So all in all not a bad morning.

http://trophys.dealerease.net/catalog/product.asp?ret_id=806356&pid=33234

MoneynJunk091609.jpg

Knife091609.jpg

Earrings091609.jpg

Upvote 0

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought I read in one of your posts
that you were gonna look into getting
a wet suit so you could stay warmer.
Hope you do, enjoy your posts.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

OP
OP
mumszie

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
yeah, I got all excited last spring and decided that I needed a wet suit but.............. I procrastinated and then decided I didn't need to spend that much money on something I wouldn't use much. I never bought one. I hunt for short periods of time and also found out that with some you need to have weights on too. Shoot.... I weigh enough now! LOL They are sooooo expensive!

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like the Gerber knife. I have two of them and don't remember now where I found them. One had a set of keys attached.

The weights on the wet suit are really only needed if you are diving to control your buoyancy so you don't float up or sink. The worst thing about these suits is they seem to shrink during the winter or I get fatter. It is always nice to wear a shorty jacket if in the water as body heat loss can make the hunt less enjoyable. The sun beating on them can sometimes warm you up to much, but then all you need to do is open the zipper to let in some freezing water. :laughing7:

txkickergirl

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2007
George West, TX
Detector(s) used
SOV, EXCAL, CZ20, & more
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The thing I hate most about wet suits is getting out of them! I swear after a long hunt I don't have the energy to peel myself out of one. I am still searching for the perfect suit myself. I got one that was a wet/dry suit, it was too thick and bulky and hot. Look on ebay they sometimes have great deals.

seeker41

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2007
spacecoast florida
Detector(s) used
fisher cz6a--teknetics g2 --cz20--minelab excal 800--discovery3300--original whites tdi--tesoro sandshark--whites dual field
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
grats on the knife mumsie!!!!

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mumszie, like gravediggermax said, Leisurepro is a good site to buy a wetsuit from. Actually if you go to their website and register they will send you sales flyers every so often. I picked up a 2mm shorty from them for a good price.

Also, sandman is correct, you won't need a weight belt, it is for diving. Also, it could be dangerous, for example if you fell in the water it may keep you under. Of course they have a buckle for quick release but try that in a moment of panic.

Also, just a word of advice, get the shorty with the zipper in the back. It's a lot easier to get on and off. If you aren't with someone there you may be stuck with it on until you can find someone to help you take it off.

The nice thing about a wetsuit is of course the warmth that it provides. After the first layer of water comes in, it warms up to your body temperature after a few seconds. Another benefit is that it is positively buoyant.

If you need help I can look on the website for you a descent one that doesn't cost too much. Send me a message.

Oh, and nice knife. Didn't you find last year a nice knife? I only find junk knives.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread