timbobwey

Bronze Member
Mar 16, 2009
MI
Detector(s) used
ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd try to sell them on e-bay for like 1.50 a pop, maybe 2 bucks. I'd be surprised if they didn't seel. Put them up in bulk lots, i'd do like 20 coin lots, sell them for like 30-40 plus shipping. That's just me though. Good luck

Silverminer

May 17, 2010
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
Silverminer said:
Alternative method to sell would be Craigslist if you have a secure place to meet(not your house).

Craigslist ad:
CIRCULATED EISENHOWER DOLLAR COIN $1. HARD TO FIND THEM ANYMORE. THESE COINS ARE CIRCULATED AND SOME HAVE NO MINT MARKS AND SOME HAVE THE P MINT ON THEM. I HAVE TWO HUNDRED (200) TO SELL AT $2.50 EACH. THESE COINS ARE NOT THE PURE SILVER ONES FROM THE SAN FRANSISCO MINT.

Even though there were never any Eisenhower dollars with a P mint...maybe he'll sell them at that price.

I have sold many, many Ikes on Ebay but I don't expect to double your money. I was selling 100 for around $130 w/ free shipping. Maybe you could do better though.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
DrDetector said:
Silverminer said:

Craigslist ad:

Even though there were never any Eisenhower dollars with a P mint...maybe he'll sell them at that price.

I have sold many, many Ikes on Ebay but I don't expect to double your money. I was selling 100 for around $130 w/ free shipping. Maybe you could do better though.
Dr. D, I'm assuming that you made a profit?

DrDetector

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
fistfulladirt said:
DrDetector said:
Silverminer said:

Craigslist ad:

Dr. D, I'm assuming that you made a profit?

Oh sure, I made a profit. Maybe like $20 per 100 lot. I checked and I sold them for $134.99 buy-it-now. After fees and shipping it was around $18-20 profit. But I have sold thousands so it adds up.

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
I agree I too have sold lots of 100 on ebay for as much as $150 and they paid shipping which fits in a small flat rate box at the post office with ins. for around $9

Mojo

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
Hmmmm i havnt sold anything on Ebay in years due to the hassle , might have to rethink that tho. As i mentioned in a earlier post a local coin shop sells them for 1.75 but only buys them for .90.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
I wouldn't pay anything over a dollar for IKES. I have no problem getting $1000.00 bags for $1000.00 :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:

kd5txx

Nov 5, 2009
Lexington KY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
I know I'm not stupid.....but I don't get it. You have a coin shop in your area that pays 90cents for $1 coins? Hey....I'll pay 92 cents.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
kd5txx said:
I know I'm not stupid.....but I don't get it. You have a coin shop in your area that pays 90cents for $1 coins? Hey....I'll pay 92 cents.
I guess that they at least will be guaranteed a 10 cent profit on a paperweight.

jim4silver

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2008
Silverminer said:

Craigslist ad:

The silver Ikes are only 40%, none of them were 90% or .999.

Jim

OP
OP
C

coinfinder

Aug 15, 2008
How available are the $1000 bags? Has anyone had luck in getting them? I wonder what the silver find rate is in a $1000 bag of Ikes?

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
coinfinder said:
How available are the $1000 bags? Has anyone had luck in getting them? I wonder what the silver find rate is in a $1000 bag of Ikes?
I was able to get almost two bags once (around $1800 I think) I went to an armored transport company to get them. No silver in that batch but a couple of proofs if I remember. After that I just stuck to bank hopping.

quiksilver

Bronze Member
Oct 25, 2009
kd5txx said:

Odd or dumb as buying them for .90 is he gets or wants to get 1.75 ea selling them. Of course he sells regular halves for.75 ea. He told me sometimes peeps just want to fill a hole in a book when i asked him if anyone pays those prices.

Hi Ho Silver!

Jan 31, 2010
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
coinfinder said:

As I said, I had NO PROBLEM getting $1000.00 bags. Found no Silver either and they are real heavy.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread