Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This time of year they take what they can get. View attachment 1385164

GOD Bless

Chris
My cat was next to me as I was taking the picture making this low cackling sound. He does that when he watches the birds feeding on the berries out the window. He's already in position for this morning's coming bird activity out the window.

Attachments

• IMG_20161126_062321.jpg
    IMG_20161126_062321.jpg
    507.1 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good shot! I do believe that that looks like a Praying Mantis egg sack.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't bring it in the house..you'll be sorry!!
Is that anywhere close to a pink toed tarantula sack? Go to sleep wake up the next morn owning the worlds largest pink toed collection in the world. Lady at the pet store gave her to me free including a nice aquarium because she would rather get rid of them than make a few bucks. Said they "creeped her out". Didn't see the little nest in the corner hidden by a piece of bark. I think she knew what was coming and the joke was on me!

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good shot! I do believe that that looks like a Praying Mantis egg sack.
Yeah, IDK? They're a about 3 more on the 2x4's overhead. They are always underneath facing it ground. The little bird was going after what ever it was on the inside of this pod thing. You bring up another point about life within a Virginia creeper and that being the Preying Mantis hanging out within it to ambush other insects. I took this picture of one a couple of years ago out in the backyard. I was going for the 1950's Sci Fi effect of this creature of horror. I should have put a plastic Army man in the shot.

Attachments

• mantis 2.jpg
    mantis 2.jpg
    884.2 KB · Views: 56
OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It was back this morning

This morning the Chickadee came back to eat some more of these egg sacks. This time I was able to crack open the sliding door and get a shot without the window in the way.

Attachments

• chickadee 120916 1.jpg
    chickadee 120916 1.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 56

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was sitting in the living room yesterday and I saw a large bird land in the honeysuckle on the trellis and then fly into the backyard. I got up and saw a young hawk trying to catch birds attracted by the neighbor's feeders. I got a couple shots through the window but as soon as I opened the door and stepped out, off it went. It is very hard to get a great pic through glass and screen:laughing7:. When I told the better half, she said " I wonder if that's why I found a few feathers and a beak in the yard last week?". She had assumed one of the neighborhood cats had done it in.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions