tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't care this is not about artifacts but this is for this group of fellow collectors and I hope friends!

I make these kind of things all the time

Smokin' Meat!@

Devil Crab blue crab yum Eat with a cup of homemade hot sauce!
carminesdeviledcrab-1.jpg

KimChee
SSPX0438.jpg

SSPX0433.jpg

Stuffed Eggplants with garlic and walnuts in olive oil
"Makdous" yes it's Lebanese
SSPX0436.jpg

SSPX0435.jpg

pickledeggplantjpg1.jpg

SSPX0434.jpg

Pickled Eggs
pickledeggs.jpg

PickledEggsCut.jpg

Buttermilk Pie
ButtermilkPiejpg4-1.jpg

Crispy, Marinated, Spiced, Smoked "Sardines". What you do with a netfull of baitfish (the right kind) Cut off the heads, or not....
scissor off the belly and clean/rinse out each one. Marinate in whatever you like. After marinating dry 'em out in the dryer. After drying somewhat, put 'em in the smoker. Bet you can't each just one, nobody does!@ If it wasn't so labor intensive I'd sell 'em!
CleaningSardines.jpg

CleaningSardines-6.jpg

CleaningSardines-5.jpg

CleaningSardines-2.jpg

CleaningSardines-3.jpg

BrinedSpicedSardines-1.jpg

BrinedSpicedSardines.jpg

MarinSardDryer2jpg.jpg

SmokeSardinesjpg.jpg

DriedSmokedSardines.jpg

Upvote 0

wvwildman

Silver Member
Jan 3, 2013
fayette county wv
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, 5X8 DD, white's coin master pro, 4X6 DD, garrett propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
i make all my hot sauce's made some with ghost chili last year and i got 3 pints of ground ghost chilli that i made

Kampnhuntr

Oct 11, 2012
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Amigo II , White's XLT, Fisher Gold Strike, Minelab Pro-Find Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome, Nice looking eats great job! Very creative!
My husband said Wow, how far away does he live? Maybe we need to check that stuff out & see how good it is!!
You showed some of his favorites! We have a Korean sister-in-law who makes Kim Chee for him. He makes his own Pickled beets.
We have a smoker & smoke different meats and sometimes make deer jerky.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks and sounds enticing! Thanks for sharing.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I heard those pickled eggs will tear you up. Id like to try some

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yum,looks great.i remember dipping smelt while living in michigan.im so hungry now.

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had some Laotian neighbors once, and they would go down to the crick, seine minnies and eat them. I always felt sorry for them, but those look pretty good.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am starving now. That all looked delicious. I love to cook and grill and put stuff in mason jars.:thumbsup:

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009
i love trying new recipes, those look wonderful! This "bait" have me interested, should I ask my husband to get a few extra dozen shiners next time he buys minnows? :)

OP
OP
tomclark

tomclark

Bronze Member
Dec 18, 2006
Tampa Bay, FL
Detector(s) used
ShadowX2, TEJON, Eyes, Pony Shovel
Primary Interest:
Other
LOL, almost any fish can be done the same way. Can use fillets, too, of any size fish you can get a filet off. Cut into pieces if big. I've done redfish and snook and of course, mullet, the same way, but the almost whole crispy fish are like candy, can't make or keep enough of them, people take off with baggies of them, hahahaha. Several kinds of small fish can be eaten whole and some can't. Regular whitebait, what we call them, can't be used, the bones are too hard and don't soften up. The ones I use are a type of sardine, maybe a Bay Anchovy... I'd love to do carp, they don't have them much down here in FL.
On this same subject, people down here hate LadyFish, they tear up line and gear and ruin fishing and they exude a slime like you wouldn't believe. But they are a super gamefish....way too boney and that slime...... Well I met a few Asian people who make fish cakes out of them and it is deeelicious!! Run a spoon down the side of the spine when the fish is cold and the meat comes off easily. Few non-Asians eat them but if they only knew!!
Same with flying fish, a great delicacy that is rarely eaten in the US. I saw on TV the other day in Louisiana they were eating "Buffalo Fish" "Ribs", looked like a carp to me. Up North I know a lot of carp are eaten, it's all in the preparing. Years ago, snook were called Soapfish because of the nasty, soapy taste when cooked....with the SKIN ON! With the skin off it is absolutely one of the very best fish to eat. People also didn't eat Stone Crabs because they were considered trash!!! We all notice that some families catch and eat every single thing they hook, from crabs to pinfish, hahahahaha. That's what they did back in the Day. Site reports show how many species people actually ate and their percentages. Sure they preferred Bison or Deer but I bet they ate fish eyes, too. A Lebanese friend always eats the fish eyes and brain/inside head stuff.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same with the Sheephead. If everyone knew how good they were. Hard to clean. They only eat shell fish and also Row Mullet are good deep fried.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions