cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Whites TDI, Teknetics T2 Ltd, GPX 5000
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Went MD today in richland on my grandparents farm the house was there when there parents bought the farm in 1877 so no one knows exactly when it was built, we tore parts of the house down to rebuild for my aunt jenny and among this remodel we found many clothes in the walls some kind of seeds in a mason jar and a box of confederate money that was equaled 100 dollars. Today was a great day my uncle is really into history and he does the civil war reinactments, he wanted me to MD around his house to see if there was more money maybe buried in the yard in an old mason jar (he has big hopes like me) This is what we found and when we found them it was probably one of the best experinces of my life.

1 old ball mason jar lid with glass seal
1 old metal clorox lid, anyone know the date?
1 bundle of wire that says usa on it, no idea what this is?
couple of nails and scrap iron
Something big broke into 3 pieces no idea?
An 1863 token that reads Thomas White on the front and 13&14 abattoir place 39th st on the back
An 1842 seated liberty quarter that is perfect on the obverse and rough on the reverse

I am calling out to anyone that has a more powerful detector that would be willing to help me in this yard there has to be more but it was getting dark and had to get home

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 640
  • m.jpg
    m.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 678
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 629
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 637
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 641
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 634
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 638
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    25.9 KB · Views: 636
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 642
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 643
Upvote 0

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That token is very cool. Can you possibly post some close up pictures of it? Congrats on the successful hunt. Where are you located?

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
any idea about any of the rest of the stuff "evolution" the token says Thomas White on the front with apic of a pig and the date 1863 and the back has 11 stars and says 13 & 14 ABATTOIR PLACE west 39th street its bigger than a dime but smaller than a penny

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Evolution said:
That token is very cool. Can you possibly post some close up pictures of it? Congrats on the successful hunt. Where are you located?
greenville NC but this site is in richlands nc

roswellborn

Jan 9, 2006
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
How cool to have such promising places to hunt! Looks to me like you did pretty good, really. Just need more time maybe.

HH
Nan

p.s.
isn't an "abattoir" a slaughterhouse?

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Civil War token--nice find! This token is from New York City, and Thomas White was indeed a butcher located there. Here are some clearer pics.

Cheers,

Buckleboy

token.jpg
token1.jpg

carolinachief

Oct 31, 2006
Eastern North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Matthew,

Great finds. I am in Vanceboro and be glad to help you out if you like. I don't have a real powerful detector but still find some nice things. I have been detecting for a couple of years now and know my machine pretty well. If you want someone to help you work that site, get in touch. I am gonna be free almost any day for the next few weeks. Congrats on the finds.

OP
OP
cwdigger

cwdigger

Bronze Member
Sep 11, 2007
Greenville,NC
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
carolinachief said:
Matthew,

Great finds. I am in Vanceboro and be glad to help you out if you like. I don't have a real powerful detector but still find some nice things. I have been detecting for a couple of years now and know my machine pretty well. If you want someone to help you work that site, get in touch. I am gonna be free almost any day for the next few weeks. Congrats on the finds.
email me your phone number at [email protected] I will give you a call in the next few days.

Ridley

Bronze Member
Jan 6, 2004
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SLII and the E series DFX and the Minelab ExplorerII
Nice token and coin!

I think the bundle of wire is a really old battery cable for a car/tractor?

Congratulations. That's a really great farm house hunt. There's usually a ton of those Clorox caps!

Ridley

djabend

Dec 12, 2006
Cicero, NY
Detector(s) used
White's DFX 300 Sunray DX-1 probe/ XLT Sunray XL-1 probe
here are some close ups of the token in MS 64
913608.jpg
913609.jpg
HH,
Donny

Top Member Reactions