Hunted a large Community Center in Florida found a lot of QUARTERS!

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yes all the coins were clad, although I found 2 wheat cents dated 1956 & 1958-D and I have found silver coins at this HUGE "CC" area that has two baseball fields, basketball & tennis courts, playground area & even a very large outdoor swimming pool with a lot of green space for Kids of all ages to play. I have hunted here at least 8 times before in the last 5 years and always find a lot of clad coins. TODAY 3/8/2019 I found 40 quarters, 5 dimes & 13 pennies that included the 2 wheat cents noted above for a total of 58 coins & $ total of $10.63. Good Luck & HAPPY HUNTING to ALL.

P1010064.jpg

BILL
Northern "Panhandle" FLORIDA

Upvote 18

peruna

Feb 14, 2016
central Texas
Detector(s) used
Simplex+
Nox 800
Garrett carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Florida is a great place to hunt...it runs the entire historical spectrum of US history.
Nicely done.

sataro

Jan 16, 2013
Corsicana, Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 | Nokta Simplex+ | Tesoro Mohave | Quest Xpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the finds! Nice quantity count on that hunt...

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Whites TRX Pinpointer, Whites MX5, Bounty Hunter 3300 Discovery, Whites Coinmaster Pro, Whites Quantum 2, Whites 6000, Whites 6DB, Whites Beachcomber.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Florida is a great place to hunt...it runs the entire historical spectrum of US history.
Nicely done.
Hey, "peruna"....Yes & Thank you for your comment....My avatar picture of a 1/2 Real Cob was found at a local park here in Florida right next to one of the oldest Spanish Missions in Florida called "Mission San Luis de Apalachee" was a Spanish Franciscan mission built in 1633 in the Florida Panhandle which dates not long after the settlement of Saint Augustine Florida, the oldest continuous city in America Founded: September 1565. My daughter, an Archaeologist, graduated from FSU & served as an Archaeologist for the State of Florida for over 20 years working at that historical site: "Mission San Luis de Apalachee".......So, Yes.....I never know what I am going to find in FLORIDA & of course then we have the TREASURE COAST of many Spanish shipwrecks that WE ALL KNOW ABOUT, right?
Good Luck to Everyone & HAPPY HUNTING. BILL

Last edited:
OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Well,you dug enough for some battery money today.
Hey, "thrifty76now".....Thanks for your comment, my friend & I am also "thrifty" because I use all rechargeables in my detecting equipment - I have a standing order for Christmas & birthdays for rechargeable batteries and I have not bought regular batteries for years - lol....but that clad does come in handy for "gas money" and buying silver coins for my "SILVER stacking" - as I believe SILVER is way too cheap compared to Gold and that "paper fiat" stuff. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting. BILL

Bryan1776

Jan 1, 2019
Ohio
Detector(s) used
WHITES MX SPORT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt. I also like hunting in Catholic school yards, I always find tons of quarters at these sites!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love finding quarters they add up very quick thats a nice honey hole you got there good job. I bought one of those battery packs for my Max wow I saved some serious money and get to keep the quartersl. lol

OP
OP
wlb42

wlb42

Dec 4, 2011
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I love finding quarters they add up very quick thats a nice honey hole you got there good job. I bought one of those battery packs for my Max wow I saved some serious money and get to keep the quartersl. lol
Hey, Tommy....Thanks for your comment, my friend -- Yes that is the 9th time I have been to that "CC" area (I keep good records-lol) and I have found 274 quarters there alone which is an average of over 30 per trip -- so I guess I need to keep going back. GOOD LUCK & Happy Hunting.... BILL

Al.relics

Jan 28, 2019
Alabama
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max, Nox 800, Whites DFX e series
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not a bad hunk of change for one hunt. Congrats.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice score on the clad, congrats! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread