Sep 17, 2004
Western Mass
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher 1275 LTD, Fisher 1265, Fisher 1270, Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
"hunted out" my butt!

Just when you think an area is cleaned out you get a pleasant surprise! I've pulled a ton of stuff out of these old lots over the years, but decided to spend a little time last night with the new Tesoro going over what I thought was a well-hunted spot. Right away I found a silver earring, then another, then proceeded to find silver coins...

tw.4.18.07.2.jpg

All around me I could see some plugs I had replaced last fall, just goes to show you there's always more goodies in the ground. I doubt my old Fisher missed this stuff, maybe just the freezing and thawing over the winter moved things around, who knows. I can't hardly wait to see what else I left behind.

Also, I spent the morning rolling all the clad I'd gotten from this area last fall, though I only made it through about a third of the pennies before I lost interest...

tw.4.18.07.1.jpg

Guess I don't have to worry about battery money this spring!

Thanks for looking,
HH
Steve

Upvote 0
Re: "hunted out" my butt!

Battery money is a GOOD thing! :D glad to see you found some more neat stuff in your lot. Have a great weekend finding more!

WTG.Only goes to show--That coil can bypass a lot of area that you think you covered,a few inches here,a few inches there.Good finds.

don't you just love it when somebody says it's hunted out it just makes me want to go there congrats and hh

Nice finds, my new theroy on "Hunted Out" places. We should look at them more as "cleaned up" areas. We forget to factor in all the trash that needs to be cleaned out before hitting the good hits. So the "hunted out" areas are really just "cleaned" up for us.

Keep @ it and HH!!

dgaughan said:
don't you just love it when somebody says it's hunted out it just makes me want to go there congrats and hh
LOL...I love it better when someone else says they will "roll" the money.....HH and keep hitting those lots.

Nice finds, cheffer!

Looks like the coins you rolled kept you busy when you were digging them. ;D

Great Finds!

HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back