Hunted the Park with my Son

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Went out for a couple hours this morning to try out the new Garrett Pro-Pointer. I dont know how I did without it. It makes the pinpointing exact and right on the money, and even when the coins are tarnished and covered with mud or dirt, they are super easy to find. Best TH investment I have made yet. We dug way more coins today, and only a small amount of trash.

100_0397.jpg

Here is our find for the morning.
:headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

Upvote 0

rockyredbaron

Jul 20, 2005
Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTAx 1000 and Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree ....the Garrett pin pointer is the best investment I made next to my MXT !!!

WTG ..now dig some more goodies !!!

Rockyredbaron

HH to all

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The time spent with your son detecting, Is better than any finds. :thumbsup:

Coil to Soil

Mar 30, 2010
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT
Nice finds LittleJohn :headbang:. I went out for a few hours the other day with my daughter and had a great time, she found a quarter and I found some old nails. Looks like that may be a Honda key you found.
Just have a question for you in reference to the pinpointer. I am in the market for one (never used one) and I believe I have it narrowed down to the Garrett Pro-Pointer or the Whites Bullseye II. I am new to this cite and have been pouring over all of the info. I can in reference to pinpointers. You sound very pleased with the Garrett, any thoughts on the Whites? From what I can tell, the Whites will sound off at about an inch away from the target while the Garrett is between 3-5 inches. Any knowledge you can pass on will be greatly appreciated.

OP
OP
LittleJohn

LittleJohn

Apr 7, 2010
South Central, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Etrac,Fisher F75,Tesoro Golden UMax, Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I cannot speak for the whites bullseye. But for the Garret Pro-Pointer, here is how it works for us. I locate a target. I cross it with my coil, and my son takes over with the garret pro-pointer, and 9 out of 10 times, he has it beepin before he either flips it with a screwdriver or cuts a v plug and retrieves it from a little deeper depth. While he is doing that, I am scanning for another target. At one park today, we hit 76 pennies in about 45 minutes.....it was crazy. I wont leave home without my Garrett Pro-Pointer...target recovery is 100%....although once in a while it is a pull tab or a old can....that is my fault as I am running the detector....at least until I get my next one, and then my son takes over the Tesoro Silver UMax.

Here is a pic of our weekend take.

Shadowmanflash

Jul 4, 2009
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 150 & 250
Hey Littlejohn well it looks like you and the son had a great day of hunting and another memorable moment to be with him. I don't know how old he is but I have a grandaughter that's 5 and I started taking her with me and the wife when she was 4, now everytime she comes over, she says PaPaw lets go treasure hunting and we end up going to the park so she can hunt with me then play a little to. I would n't trade it for anything, plus you got a great partner to help. Great finds, keep at it, Ken.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread