AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Huntin' in Humble and Houston

Being new to the sport, I am really self conscience on where I can go to hunt. I have one place in Magnolia but that's a long way from Houston. I actually live in Humble, about 17 miles north of Houston and would really like to find some places that is "Metal Detector Friendly" in the area so I do not have to worry about police and others freaking out....

Can anyone tell me some good, safe spots in the area to get my shiny new Ace 250 dirty!

Thanks...

Sep 22, 2013
Conroe
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ATX
Being new to the sport, I am really self conscience on where I can go to hunt. I have one place in Magnolia but that's a long way from Houston. I actually live in Humble, about 17 miles north of Houston and would really like to find some places that is "Metal Detector Friendly" in the area so I do not have to worry about police and others freaking out.... Can anyone tell me some good, safe spots in the area to get my shiny new Ace 250 dirty! Thanks...

New to detecting as well. My family and I have hit couple of local parks. Found a James Avery silver heart charm. Good hunting! Love this already!!!

Treasurehunter1967

OP
OP
Hawk'n Dirt

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where in Texas are you from TexasHunter....anywhere close to Houston?

Sep 22, 2013
Conroe
Detector(s) used
At Pro, ATX
I am from Houston originally but now live in Conroe. How bout yourself?

Hit another park and found a nickel and and button. Can't read the date on the nickel but it's pretty worn. Anyway, nothing big but had a great time. Very relaxing.

Stephen

OP
OP
Hawk'n Dirt

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am in Humble but willing to go anywhere in the area. I just have no clue where to go. I am thinking of taking a day or two off work next week to find some places...I am taking 10 days in December to go back home to Kentucky around Mammoth Cave area to do some real good hunting. I remember there were tons of old abandoned homes back in the woods where I grew up and my brother in law knows everyone in the county so permissions should flow nicely and hunting should be great...

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gene, most of us hit neighborhood parks and city parks. You aren't far from some old oil camps that operated in the 30s-50s. Do some research on Moonshine Hill. I'm not sure who owns the land now, but it should have some stuff in the ground.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

OP
OP
Hawk'n Dirt

Hawk'n Dirt

Sep 6, 2013
Humble, Tx
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Ace 250
TC3X
BH Texas Pilot
Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gene, most of us hit neighborhood parks and city parks. You aren't far from some old oil camps that operated in the 30s-50s. Do some research on Moonshine Hill. I'm not sure who owns the land now, but it should have some stuff in the ground.

Wayne

Metal Detector Sales and Rentals | Fisher, Garrett, Minelab, Lesche and DetectorPro

Thanks Wayne. Interesting history just 2 miles or so from me.....satellite photos look promising too...still some fields around there and lots of open ground....I am going for a little looksee tomorrow night....

Capture.PNG

I live at the arrow on left....the Google Pinpoint is Moonshine Hill.....very close....

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread