Hunting a new park and found a old barn and Car YES I SAID CAR

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
I have been out several times this year and found some good finds that i will post tonight but this is my first strange find of the year. This is an older park on the out skirts of Indianapolis. I did the fields and found clad (of course) and a ton of trash that went in the trash can before leaving (not the aluminium time to recycle). I decided to drive around the back side of the park and see if there might be a area to hunt back there. found a spot to park and got out and ran into a older man that said the park what over 80 years old and they acquire this section from a farmer when he passed back in the mid 60's and that the remains of a barn and house are still out there but no one ever gone near them because it is very over grown. I got hot and decide to find them even if i didn't have time to hunt them i would know where they were to go back this weekend.
Well i didn't find the house YET but i located the Barn remains with a little luck all that was left was some beams and the foundation made of field rock and mortar. but got one hell of a suprise walking around the area and doing some hunting. In plain sight but hidden bu brush i walked passed it twice before i saw it. Now i love to restore cars when I'm not at work or cant go out hunting and have done several (9) camaros and 2 corvettes but i would love to redo this one but will never be able to. Its a old Studebaker. I'm going to hunt the area and find the house this weekend not that i started to see a good location. :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• 0217091450-00.jpg
    0217091450-00.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 1,211
  • 0217091451-00.jpg
    0217091451-00.jpg
    302 KB · Views: 1,175
Upvote 0

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very cool. Did you check the floorboards for dropped coins?

S

seger98

Welcome to Treasure Net, neat find there, I'd be looking in the car for old coins!

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is a 1950 Ford, my first car! Well, not that one, mine was a slick 2 door coupe with a 1953 Mercury flathead V-8, dual glass packs and loud exhaust tickets galore! Monty

Attachments

• 1950 Ford.jpg
    1950 Ford.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 1,125
OP
OP
I

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
I guess it is a Ford would love to redo it but no way to drag it out. floor boards are rusted away, but will be going at the location of them with a pin pointer on saturday.

Cachefinder

Dec 22, 2008
ARIZONA
Detector(s) used
lucky horseshoe
Great find and looks like a great site :thumbsup:

Keep us posted on any finds there.......
:icon_study:

Cachefinder-

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As i sit here scratchin my head, one question pops into mind....How long did it take you dig it up. Remember a good md'er always fills their holes!

Johnnysan

Jan 3, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Classic 5-ID / Garrett Ace 250
Nice grouping on the fender with those .22 rounds; I wonder who BH was.

jgas

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
My question would be, Did you check under the seats and in the trunk for Ford's share of the bailout dough? Or did they participate in that grand plan to save the country? :icon_scratch: jgas

DDEXPII

Aug 27, 2006
MA
Detector(s) used
MINELAB EXPLORER II & the sun ray probe
Thank for findding my dads car he parked it in 1964 and forgot were, all he could recall was that there was a old falling down barn about 100 feet away. there was about 25 SLQ in the ash tray.

HHDEXPII

S

stefen

Man! All I have to say is that you gotta be out of your everloving mind if you tried to restore that old rust bucket...

Hell, I'm restoring an '84 El Camino that was in pretty good shape when I bought it...and thats a challenge even though I live about 15 miles from an El Camino restorer's candy store...

Sheldius

Mar 15, 2007
Bronx, NY
Detector(s) used
Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Minelab E-trac, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds.

I find out this week if I get to go to Indy for a job interview. Would probably be last week of April or first of March.

Looks like i don't need to bring my detector, since you got it all hunted out. :D

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'd find out who owns that land and old car and put the car on eBay. Banged and battered, that car can still be restored by someone. Sell the car and split the sale price. Might be enough to buy a new metal detector. ;D

DanB

Oct 23, 2007
cool finds.....submit the car picture to pimp my ride.....give them a good sob story "I am short on cash, but .........it's a GOOD fixer upper" can you help?...anyways HH and keep up the good work.

db

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread