Hunting arrow heads in Nothwest Florida

redtide000

Apr 18, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope I'm posting this in the correct place. I'm very intrested in taking my kids hunting for arrow heads like my father did with me. I live in bay county fl. (North west fl.) I was wondering if anyone knew where a good place would be to start searching. And if not. How do I found a place to search. Thank you for your time.

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great thing to offer your children and a good question. My suggestion would be to first learn about the people that lived there in the past and this can be done any number of ways, go to a local museum and look at native american exhibits, go to the library and read books that have been written documenting native american people in the local area, ask questions of the folks working in the museum and library. Also, if you know anyone who has found artifacts ask them questions and find out if there are places you can take your children to hunt. You have to "get to know" your area on a deeper level than the average person to be successful or it might just be luck. There are so many answers to your question but these are the best that I can give you.

Good luck and happy hunting!

Last edited:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are artifacts in your area. I've seen a few points and tools that came from the Panama City area. I'd start by purchasing a copy of The History of Bay County Florida or maybe checking it out from the library? I'd don't think there are a lot of plowed fields in that area but just north of you there is. S.E. Alabama has some really nice fields to hunt with permission. I used to have sites in the Dothan / Fort Rucker area years ago. Good luck and keep us posted!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice adventure but 1st thing you should do is read the laws that Florida has before you pick one up. Very strict from what I hear. Good Luck

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread