Hunting artifacts in January in Vt. Global Warming?

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
I went artifact hunting here in Vermont Saturday in a light long sleeved shirt as the temp reached mid 50s. This weather is quite uncommon for this state. Usually frozen snow covered ground makes artifact hunting impossible. Im not complaining but I know the skiers and snowmobliers arnt happy. Heres a few that I found, nothing special but ok for a early start of the new year. A couple of levanna points a fishtail drill with the point broken, back off a crude knife and a scraper, and some other broken unkown point. Looking conditions were not good, as cornfields were so wet they were hard to navigate. And of course the best ones were totally underwater, grassed over or not tilled.

Attachments

• 113_1345.JPG
    113_1345.JPG
    19.7 KB · Views: 239
Upvote 0
OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Heres a field that usually produces that was fairly easy to walk and one that was soggy and hard to walk.

Attachments

• 113_1340.JPG
    113_1340.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 256
  • 113_1338.JPG
    113_1338.JPG
    29.7 KB · Views: 250

UnknownBounty

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Aye one can say its nice and easy digging, but if the trends continue, from our huge consumption of energy and fuels, and the ammount of pollution being created by the booming population, there won't be much more treasure hunting left for us. People have to learn to stop wasting in such huge consumption. they are smothering themselves in their own crap.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
UnknownBounty said:
Aye one can say its nice and easy digging, but if the trends continue, from our huge consumption of energy and fuels, and the ammount of pollution being created by the booming population, there won't be much more treasure hunting left for us. People have to learn to stop wasting in such huge consumption. they are smothering themselves in their own crap.

Little rude don't you think, maybe you should post this in personal rants instead of ruining Mr. Undertakers post.

OP
OP
undertaker

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Its alright CountryGirl Unkownbounty is right global warming is a serious problem...Let it be known that my post wasnt intended to make fun of that issue.

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
undertaker said:
Its alright CountryGirl Unkownbounty is right global warming is a serious problem...Let it be known that my post wasnt intended to make fun of that issue.

Agree 100%, neither was my reply. Nice finds :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread