Hunting Buddy South Jersey

Hello South Jersey Bill, Welcome back to the hobby. I am just a few miles west of you in Buena. Lets get together and do some detecting.

I am in glassboro area but let me know

I am in egg harbor city but my girl lives in williamstown so im out that way often

Great. I can go hunting Thursday or Friday of this week. Send me a PM if anyone want's to get together.

Bill

Your best bet is the beach no ones gonna bother you there. But if your like me u want the cool historical stuff-which is lacking at the beach. Do a little research and ask around. Asking to detect someones property is a good bet too. As a beginner though i would wait on that one cause youll prob be diggin trenches lol. I also like old overgrown woods and trails. Be careful with these also though. Do not hunt anything labeled a historic site, state parks and state forests. Some county parks will actually let u get a permit to hunt. Hope the info helps. Good luck

Oh and make sure to fill in your holes and take any trash you find with you

Thanks for the advice, NightExplorer. My father and I have been going to the beach and haven't been finding too much. We own a garrett gti 2500 and Tesoro silver umax. They don't seem to do too well. I feel like I don't fully know how to use my machine. It's getting a little frustrating.

school grounds, local parks and ball fields are good places to hunt usually.

Just keep at it. It will come with time. I own a minelab explorer 2 and a tesoro cibola. I used to have a silver umax and a garrett ace 250. I love my explorer!! It works good at the beaches and ive taken the time to learn it. Garrett and tesoro make great machines but they arent the best for saltwater beaches. Try taking your detectors to a place other than the beach. I detected for years before i started making good finds and honestly i still dig false signals sometimes. If u have any more questions id be happy to help. Be patient and keep at it

I'm wondering if I should detect in all metal mode in parks and ball fields. I feel like I might be able find deeper targets and older coins that way. Is this true?

I never discriminate. Although i am guilty of listening for coin signals and ignoring other stuff sometimes

Hi there, I am new to hunting and using a MD. I am still trying to find what kind of MD i would like to get. Would it be possible to go out hunting with any of you? Willing to travel to shore if need be.

I live in Burlington county. Looking for a MD hunting partner! I just bought a Garrett AT Pro and have about 8 hours under my belt. Would like to find places to hunt relics and coins. If interested, give me a shout.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back