Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The reef on the top of the hill was mined for about 70 years and mullock tailings were deposited on top of the clay pan and the eluvial deposits was missed by others. often only small patches of these are found today.

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0958.jpg
    100_0958.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 982
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the site today

Attachments

• img_3760.jpg
    img_3760.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 903
  • img_3763.jpg
    img_3763.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 1,045
OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
romeo-1 said:
Nice! Do you sell your gold finds?

yes most will go to pay for my sons college costs and i do keep a few species

tinpan

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
worldtalker said:
worldtalker said:
tinpan, Does that mean that's Pregold?????????? God Bless HH Chris
By golly it is,you goin lookin???

hi this really hard work First your standing on a side of a hill. Must remove the mullock grey pieces of stone or tailings . when you see the red clay you have natural ground than you can only dig this hard ground with a pick. The nose on my mono coil makes for a great pinpointer. Gold has a sound all of its own on a GPX Only lead is nearly the same but gold more aggressive Sure makes the idea you to dig all targets on a pi unit wrong. Takes up to 10 minutes to dig out one target.

tinpan

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
tinpan said:
worldtalker said:
worldtalker said:
tinpan, Does that mean that's Pregold?????????? God Bless HH Chris
By golly it is,you goin lookin???

hi this really hard work First your standing on a side of a hill. Must remove the mullock grey pieces of stone or tailings . when you see the red clay you have natural ground than you can only dig this hard ground with a pick. The nose on my mono coil makes for a great pinpointer. Gold has a sound all of its own on a GPX Only lead is nearly the same but gold more aggressive Sure makes the idea you to dig all targets on a pi unit wrong. Takes up to 10 minutes to dig out one target.

tinpan
The Fruits of your labor.

Getty

Bronze Member
May 1, 2005
Maryland
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the MAN! I am envious of your research and finds coupled together to give you such great results.I know that it does not come easy but, you sure do make it look easy to do. WTG buddy!

OP
OP
tinpan

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
History and a pic from the other side of the gully. A small quartz saddle reef called Patty's reef site between to larger reefs. All reefs run South to North. Discovered by an irishman in 1852. 4 big hard rock mines on this reef . Johnson 1856- 1890 Windmill 1856-1952 Pearl North 1863-1877 and Victoria Extended. Most reached a depth of 2500 feet as the saddle reefs repeat at depth.

red is area hunted for Eluvial deposits. Blue is the fall of the slope and the other 4 are the shaft sites of the mines that are long gone.

tinpan

Attachments

• 100_0998.jpg
    100_0998.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 802

cuzcosquirrel

Aug 20, 2008
When I think of aluvial deposits, I think of old riverbead gold benches. It also reminds me of the gold hunting Mark Twain describes in Roughing It as "Pocket mining" he did in Caleveras County.

What you are doing is more like finding surface lead cropping gold that was missed.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
cuzcosquirrel said:
When I think of aluvial deposits, I think of old riverbead gold benches. It also reminds me of the gold hunting Mark Twain describes in Roughing It as "Pocket mining" he did in Caleveras County.

What you are doing is more like finding surface lead cropping gold that was missed.

Yes,often when the quartz is dug from its source it is covered in clay so it is hard to see exposed gold and was often pitched into the tailings.If the "oldtimers",would have had detectors there would be a lot more mines!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice finds!!!! MR TUFF

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread