Hunting Medieval - Day 4 - Silver Streak Dies...

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, it was HOT today, I had to take off 2 layers!8-)

Started the day quickly covering the new spoil in the Archie Trench. Typically they found a big Iron Age Storage Pit at the 11th hour & they never got to finish digging it all out, so filled it with rubble until the next dig. I only found a small piece of lead, but at least now we know the pit didn't throw up anything date-able.

The title is a little mis-leading as we spent the first hour of the day trying to track down a Roman Site, from a 1920's resource. Meant to have been pits & Roman Pot Shards found! We have tried this area twice before with no success, this is now 3 strikes & your out - now struck off the list!

We then returned to the Medieval field for 4 hours of gridding various spots. We had some success but no hammered. So those are in the lower bit of the field where we have now proved the houses were.

Rose Farthing
1721 Geo I 'Dump' Halfpenny
17th C Button
2 Tudor Strap-ends
17th C Halfpenny Token (thought it was a Jetton)
Medieval Horse Harness Pendant.:icon_thumright:
1st C BC-1st C AD Iron Age Terret Ring (Celtic Chariot Reign Guide) - Type I need.:icon_thumright:
13th C Annular Brooch - Shows how plain these normally are, not like the last one we had.:thumbsup:

PS. We were doing this field whilst the tractor drilled the Spring Crop - so all the options are quickly drying up.:sadsmiley:

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 67
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    146.6 KB · Views: 49
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    177 KB · Views: 46
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    191.5 KB · Views: 63
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Upvote 14

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still a couple nice finds even with the silver missing. Very nice condition on the annular brooch and shows how different the bronze was with the needle. The horse pendant is cool too, must been a beauty when new. :icon_thumright:

landmagnet

Aug 25, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terret ring is unusual?

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
wouldn't have a clue, you guys are walking encyclopedias of knowledge. But I do know that the history that you dig is crazy awesome. A lot of respect there in what you do. cool factor is sky high plus you do a lot of it with your father, even more cool

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice work as always! :occasion14:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions