hunting my field of dreams again

Horst

Apr 13, 2017
Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 + SDC2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
you who have been viewing my finds in the past saw the 1768 4 Heller coin and other finds from that field. looking down the field there are 3 trees close together maybe 30 yards apart or so and to me it seems like a road leading through that field. I keep finding stúff of different age along that road. Today I found a christian pendant (still under cleaning and a coin probably 1 Kreuzer still under cleaning too) and this coin 1 FRANC french coin 1934. I have no idea how so many different items from different times got there but that's where I found them. Can you imagine what I thought when I pulled that coin out of a clumb of mud? Gold!!!!!!! but it was just too light....I will post pictures of the pendant and the other coin when they cleaned up.

DSCN2265.JPG

The reverse side of this coin is not ready for a picture yet.
But....I live in Germany and how the hell did a French coin get here? We had Americans in the area during times of the 2nd WW but on the other hand I found a christian pendant while ago which is French 1851. Lots of history and big fun as you never know what might show up

Last edited:
Upvote 15
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice find, congrats! :occasion14:

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are in a country that has many old relics. Look forward to what all you may find.

tomhighland

Bronze Member
Sep 26, 2015
In MI woods
Detector(s) used
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your continuing finds! Probably lost by a soldier. The side, who knows? Your possibilities are endless in Germany. Norse and Roman invaders. Refugees from endless conflicts. Royal court tours. Keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.

RVRoamer73

Silver Member
Apr 19, 2016
Georgia
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 Nox 800
Stealth 720i ,RTG 6"
Lesche GS 36
Predator Raptor
TRX pp
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going Horst. It'll be nice to see some of the other finds in pics too. BTW, we here in the USA sometimes finds coins that are not minted here or even close but somehow coins are scattered from one end of this globe to the other. Keep at it. Thanks for sharing.

ToddsPoint

Gold Member
Mar 2, 2018
Todds Point, IL
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My grandfather was in WW2. N.Africa, Italy, France, Germany and Austria. He carried and brought back coins from all those places. He was likely carrying them while in combat so losing a few in Germany would not be surprising. Gary

namxat

Feb 2, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your finds,
Where are all the American Coins?

America stubbornly refused to be occupied by the Wehrmacht, so there are not much US war souvenir coins.

Your own fault, you should have surrendered after eight weeks like the French!

Greets

Namxat

Joe-Dirt

Silver Member
Jan 18, 2018
Central Massachusetts
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Manticore & XP Deus II , 2 Garrett carrots, Minelab find 35 pin pointer, NX6 shovel , 31” Lesche shovel, whites digmaster, Lesche hand trowel, 3-5 gallon buckets full of crappola
Primary Interest:
Other

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice coin find. That's what makes this hobby so fun, is you never know what you will find, or where you will find it. I once found a French 5 Francs, here in the woods of Illinois. Not a common coin for this area, by any means.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread