πŸ† HONORABLE MENTION Hunting Nickels Has A Benefit...Gold!

Great hunt OD!! That is a nice ring. WTG, Q.

Thanks Mr. Q. It isn't one of your wonderful CW relics, but beats clad or a pull tab lol! Thanks!

Tell you what, I'll send you one of my dug war nickels, you send me that ring. Everybody wins haha?

Lol, JC. Uhm...let me think...hum, NO! Lol. Half the fun is the search, right? Thanks for the offer though!

***Update***

I met the gentleman tonight and am pleased to tell all that the ring is back in it's right place. The fellow was very grateful and happy. He kept trying to give me money, but I told him all I wanted was a handshake. He said his mother had bought the ring for him..sort of makes it even better returning it to him just before Mother's Day!
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1430955611.464042.jpg

***Update***

I met the gentleman tonight and am pleased to tell all that the ring is back in it's right place. The fellow was very grateful and happy. He kept trying to give me money, but I told him all I wanted was a handshake. He said his mother had bought the ring for him..sort of makes it even better returning it to him just before Mother's Day!
View attachment 1157916

Now that's what it's all about!, heck of a job tracking him down!

Awesome job! Guess it was more than just a class ring. [emoji122]🏻[emoji122]🏻[emoji122]🏻[emoji482]

Now that's what it's all about!, heck of a job tracking him down!

Thanks Chris. His old girl friend that " lost " his ring used to live in the house where we were hunting and her grandmother lived in that old house on the corner that is for sale. He showed me the young lady's window she used to climb out to meet him, lol!

Awesome job! Guess it was more than just a class ring. [emoji122]🏻[emoji122]🏻[emoji122]🏻[emoji482]

Yeah, I think so Will. I don't know if his mom is still with us, but I know he was grateful. Who knows...maybe I will find a jar full of war nicks now, lol.

Thanks Chris. His old girl friend that " lost " his ring used to live in the house where we were hunting and her grandmother lived in that old house on the corner that is for sale. He showed me the young lady's window she used to climb out to meet him, lol!

Yeah, I think so Will. I don't know if his mom is still with us, but I know he was grateful. Who knows...maybe I will find a jar full of war nicks now, lol.

That's awesome, karma pays forward!

Awesome find and return!

Congrats on your find Dave and on being able to return it to it's original owner! :occasion14:

The 'Honorable Mention' is well deserved my friend! :notworthy:

Dave

Fantastic hunt! Congratulations on the gold.

Funny, you mention that his girlfriend lost it many years ago and I thought it was like perhaps ten years until I saw the date on the ring and than further scrolled and saw the gentleman. His girlfriend lost it many, many years ago more like it, unless perhaps he is still dating all those years.

Awesome find and return!
Thank you very much!

Congrats on your find Dave and on being able to return it to it's original owner! :occasion14:

The 'Honorable Mention' is well deserved my friend! :notworthy:

Dave
Thanks very much Dave. It felt very good to hand that one back to him.

Fantastic hunt! Congratulations on the gold.
Thank you PoE. It was a good find.

Funny, you mention that his girlfriend lost it many years ago and I thought it was like perhaps ten years until I saw the date on the ring and than further scrolled and saw the gentleman. His girlfriend lost it many, many years ago more like it, unless perhaps he is still dating all those years.

Lol PM. According to him, she actually got mad at him and threw it away. She fibbed a bit as to the location though, lol. She told him she threw it out the window at one of their " parking " spots, but I found it in the yard of the house where her family lived when he was dating her 40+ years ago.

Really nice HS ring.
That's the same year, same karat, stone and same maker as the one I found. Yours is heavier than mine tough. I believe mine is around 9 grams as I recall.

What school is it from?? is it local to you?

Congrats.

Thank you sir for your post. It was from Abington Heights, a school in the next county from me, just outside Scranton, Pa.
Chris and I were talking last week. It seems I have been in a slump ever since I found and returned this, but I would not do anything differently knowing this.

Thank you sir for your post. It was from Abington Heights, a school in the next county from me, just outside Scranton, Pa.
Chris and I were talking last week. It seems I have been in a slump ever since I found and returned this, but I would not do anything differently knowing this.

A slump; like everything else in this life is only temporary.

I KNOW that the law of Karma is real and absolute. Just keep digging and your reward for that return will appear sooner or later.
It may just show up in an absolutely unexpected way.

Last edited:
Great Find! Congratz!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back