pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
All it means to me is I'll have to wear red for the next two months, share some of my permissions with game hunters. Some I leave entirely as it's not worth getting mistaken for something else that has feathers/fur or hair for that matter.
Responsible hunters are not the problem it's the ones that load up on too many bubbly pops for the occasion/get together with fellow hunters.
It's just scary listening to the stories of consumption and hang overs and hunting.
Having resided on an Island that is only 2 x 8 miles in size the deer population was 600+ seven yrs ago when the MNR did a count survey of the population.
Bow season opens and there is many stories of the arrow going right through the animal and it taking off never to be found.
The recovery rate for this one hunt camp across the street from me wasn't a fine example of great shots and tracking skills. Example of way too many pops and hunting, and it's hard to ever enforce this from a legal point of view as they hunted on their own homesteads. Actually the owner bought up 4 homesteads just to hunt, deep pockets, too many pops, dead at 52.
It was all about trophy hunting and nothing about food.
Best of luck on your game hunt

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Bow hunting is the worst. I find several dead deer on my 8 acres every season, entrance and exit wounds.
If someone wants to track their deer on my property, all they have to do is ask.

OP
OP
GB1

GB1

Gold Member
Jul 12, 2017
East TX
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknectics eurotek pro
bounty hunter time ranger
bounty hunter quick draw 2
used a teroso compadre.
Primary Interest:
Other
Bow hunting is the worst. I find several dead deer on my 8 acres every season, entrance and exit wounds.
If someone wants to track their deer on my property, all they have to do is ask.

take it easy i bow hunt

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
My brother is a avid bow hunter. Last mouth in Colorado. Very proud of my little brother. IMG_1095.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Sep 24, 2013
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That'll be the day when hunters stop me from metal detecting. I wear a blaze orange vest and never wear headphones when I go into the woods. And I make a lot of noise, so they don't accidentally shoot me.

I've had a couple of hunters whine when I walked into their hunting area, but that's too bad. I have a right to be there and will metal detect any time I want. Just because it's hunting season doesn't mean they have exclusive use of the woods.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
take it easy i bow hunt

I know it's a rub to hear that it happens even you may very well be a responsible bow hunter and experienced enough to take down the deer or at least track it to its final laying spot. What I and FFD stated is the ones that seem to do go off to die and never retrieved by the hunter.
I have heard the words of justification "Well the coyotes will clean it up" My thinking is I don't want the packs roaming through my property taking the fallen deer targets, intended to be dropped when shot.
The cross bows get stronger the FPS get higher, the arrows get revamped to fly more accurate but they fail to drop the target it seems, as they slice right through them missing vital organs and the deer go off to die long distance away.
I have helped the neighbour in tracking the deer after the fact, blood stops a short distance from the hit, under growth or hay fields seem to mask everything so it's lost-till the cries of the pack-or the vultures circling.
Just saying that there should be a better arrow made that has the stopping power like a bullet can, can it be achieved I don't know. But I can say this, if there was, this hunt camp owner would have bought it and used it and everyone that went there to hunt would have had a gift of the better widget.
Many times I heard " I hate bow hunting" when they lost the deer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread