Hunting the mansion sure takes a certain mindset.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just have to be ready to not find much and you guys have to be ready to
be bored by all the unworthy to post finds. ;)

Sorry, but I've been feeling a little low lately and so, I go for a recharge at
the mansion. Today was typical:

2015 (658).jpg
2015 (660).jpg
2015 (659).jpg
2015 (662).jpg
2015 (661).jpg
2015 (666).jpg
2015 (664).jpg
Even found a coin! :)
2015 (663).jpg
Fishy's always happy!
2015 (665).jpg
This is the piece that Blingie is frowning at.
I think it's pewter. Looks like it was
attached at each end. I have no clue
what it was but maybe somebody will
recognize the pattern? Kinda thin, looks stamped.
And....it was VERY deep at the mansion!

Anyway, interesting day.

Thanks for peeking!

Upvote 10

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hope that hunt cheered you up, you're still pulling targets there. I bet there are more treasures to be found. I have no idea what the bottom pic is, Looks cool though.

Qball

Jan 18, 2013
northern California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
nox 800 xp deus, CTX, etrac,T2, gonkulator
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The ground is still rich. nice pewter

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like the mid-tones are still producing.... good stuff

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hope that hunt cheered you up, you're still pulling targets there. I bet there are more treasures to be found. I have no idea what the bottom pic is, Looks cool though.

I almost never come away from that place without feeling a bit lighter, ya know?

That piece is intriguing to me, it was found at almost a full 14 inches deep!!! I was a bit shocked!
Would be nice to know what it was a part of but I know I probably never will. Part of this hobby too. :dontknow:

Thanks!

wv hilljack

Aug 29, 2013
Western, WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus / Garrett AT Pro,Garrett 5x8, Nel Tornado / Garrett Ace 250
Garrett Pro Pinpointer‎/ Minelab X-terra 705 / Makro pinpointer / Nel Tornado coil / Nokta Fors Core
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If all can't be treasure every time. I enjoyed looking at what found keep going the good stuff will come. :occasion14:

Subterranean

Silver Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southwest Missouri
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro (Julio), Garrett AT Max (Medusa), Garrett Pro Pointer, White's Prism V, Lesche Digger.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pewter piece has stampings like I have seen in leather crafting and on older badges. Do you think it was an older bracelet piece? Sub8-)

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Is that mindset " I will accept whatever it gives me! "?

Neat pewter piece. No telling what it is though.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your pewter piece has stampings like I have seen in leather crafting and on older badges. Do you think it was an older bracelet piece? Sub8-)

It could have been just about anything, seems a bit large for a piece of a bracelet, but could be! Who knows!? :)

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I've read over time how much that mansion means to you and I'm happy when I hear of members with those kind of places. I hope the hunt took some pressure off and brightened your day.

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I enjoyed viewing what you dug up. Better then a stack of foil, pop tops and ketchup envelopes.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
That still looks to have been a fun hunt! Things will turn around soon and you will start pulling silver and gold again!

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cheer up Gary, at least you can walk and dig, have a little gratitude buddy, things could always be really bad.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've read over time how much that mansion means to you and I'm happy when I hear of members with those kind of places. I hope the hunt took some pressure off and brightened your day.

Hasn't failed me yet. Hopefully, it never will.

I enjoyed viewing what you dug up. Better then a stack of foil, pop tops and ketchup envelopes.

There's plenty of trash there too. It's just, sort of, older trash. ;)

That still looks to have been a fun hunt! Things will turn around soon and you will start pulling silver and gold again!

Thanks for the well wishes. But, the lack of things with intrinsic value are not what sends me down this path. I wish it were that easy. :dontknow:
Not saying a gold coin wouldn't snap me out of it, at least for a while. :) But, not usually the cause.

Cheer up Gary, at least you can walk and dig, have a little gratitude buddy, things could always be really bad.

Oh believe me Treb. I probably know better than most just how blessed I am! Thing is, my "bad" is just as devastating to me as anyone else's "bad" is to them. Mine might not be as bad as theirs over all. But, since I don't have to deal with theirs, all I know is my own pain.

I'll get by, always have before.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anyone know what that wire, loopy looking thing might be? I think it's brass/copper/bronze.

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is that mindset " I will accept whatever it gives me! "?

Well, yeah, there is always that but more, like what am I ignoring there, or, like knowing that to find anything "worthy of posting", one has to be paying quite a bit of attention to what they're doing. LOL I don't mean that I'm not really looking but that I can't hunt this place as if it was virgin ground. I HAVE to listen CLOSELY to what the ATP is trying to tell me about deep targets. That is, if I'm not just there to unwind. Which is what I usually do nowadays.

I have to actually plan to go there and say to myself, OK...today...let's see what's really left! Then, I use ALL of whatever experience I've gained in my many years to, (at the very least), feel like I've given a strong try. Ya see, bad habits have a way of getting in the way. The way I'm unwinding there is to just plain ignore some signals. Sure, sure, I know. Why in the heck would ANYone ignore ANY signal at the mansion!! :BangHead: LOL

Well, it's pretty easy, when one's purpose is to unwind and not to bannerize the day. ;) Afterall, what did I pay all that money for one of the best discriminators out there!?! LOL So, it's easy to start saying to myself, foil, pulltab, can slaw, iron, too big, can, etc.etc.etc. Not because I don't know better but rather because I'm feeling too lazy to dig EVERYthing! Have you ever listened to just how much a detector says out there!?!? It's like listening to a machine gun all day long at close range! LOL I can't even ground balance sometimes! LOL

So, like I say, one needs a special frame of mind when there. I have to decide if I'm there to find or just to enjoy. A lot of the time, it's both.

All this confab is not directed at you, Dave. More as a quality check for newer and some older hunters to think about. If you're out there and feeling frustrated/disappointed when that umpteenth piece of garbage comes out on an iffy signal. Think about why you're really out there. If it's to find the "good" stuff, then start asking yourself questions. Like what is my minimal VDI? What am I ignoring & why? If I'm digging everything, maybe it's time to use that discriminator you paid so much for to get yourself into a "good" pocket and THEN dig everything.

If any of the above helps anyone then I served a purpose. If not, then my advice is to just treat any advice I'm given to offer at it's face value. In other words, use what you want and just throw the rest away. ;) LOL

Sorry, but you asked! And when I'm depressed, one of my side effects is diarrhea of the mouth, or keyboard, as the case may be. ;)

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds there! Congrats on getting out there and answering the challenges of the "unknown".
Once in a while the reward can be mind blowing, but you can't find it if you don't look & dig.
I think the time of year may have somewhat to do with the mind set, with winter right on the door step. After all we have to adjust the clocks twice a year, why not our mind set too?
We all need to hit the refresh button once in a while.
Could the mystery piece be part of a belt buckle? I think Blingie's bling sense tells him it may have been bling at one time! Lol!
The double D wire loop thing, possibly tool handle? part of reins rigging?
I may not make it out this Sunday due to family gathering & wet weather....but then again, ....maybe I won't be missed.....for a few minutes... : )

Old Dude

Gold Member
Feb 20, 2013
Luzerne County, Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Garrett ATPro, Garrett GTAx 500
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
As long as you're ignoring some signals, you're at least guaranteeing yourself something to dig at a later time! Good advice from MBB...she should have the title of " TNet's Dear Abby ":tongue3:

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting finds there! Congrats on getting out there and answering the challenges of the "unknown".
Once in a while the reward can be mind blowing, but you can't find it if you don't look & dig.
I think the time of year may have somewhat to do with the mind set, with winter right on the door step. After all we have to adjust the clocks twice a year, why not our mind set too?
We all need to hit the refresh button once in a while.
Could the mystery piece be part of a belt buckle? I think Blingie's bling sense tells him it may have been bling at one time! Lol!
The double D wire loop thing, possibly tool handle? part of reins rigging?
I may not make it out this Sunday due to family gathering & wet weather....but then again, ....maybe I won't be missed.....for a few minutes... : )

A belt buckle? possibly but kinda frail. :dontknow:
The wire loop? Anyone's guess would be better than mine. :)
Family gathering? What've they done for you lately? ;) LOL Better get your priorities straight! LOL

Thanks!

OP
OP
WHADIFIND

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As long as you're ignoring some signals, you're at least guaranteeing yourself something to dig at a later time! Good advice from MBB...she should have the title of " TNet's Dear Abby ":tongue3:

Yep, if time isn't too much of a factor for a person, ignoring can be a good thing sometimes. When I was hunting with Jeff the other day, I was ignoring certain types of signals for the first hour. Until, I dug one of them and it turned out to be that diamond heart I posted! LOL

2015 (632).jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread