Hunting the snow covered woods

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Got out in the woods today to do some hunting before the deer ticks come back out. There's still some snow cover keeping the ticks at bay. Here's some shots of the woods and some lucky finds I made.

The woods: finds of 3-20-07 004.JPG finds of 3-20-07 005.JPG

coins in the mud: finds of 3-20-07 010.JPG finds of 3-20-07 009.JPG

more: finds of 3-20-07 008.JPG finds of 3-20-07 001.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
skierbob

skierbob

Jun 7, 2006
Southeastern PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab e-trac; Minelab Exp II; Troy Shadow X3; Garrett AT Pro.
Ridley,
The woods around an old high school should be real good. I've got a couple in my area that have been great for me. Check along any trails, of course, and for ten feet on both sides of the trail. Look for long depressions that may have been trails in the old days, but are not used much anymore and have grown over somewhat. Look for any signs of camp sites, such as rock fire places and circular clearings. Search around any old foundations, ice houses, brick walls, etc. and especially around any big old trees. Look for any signs of prior activity like spots that may have been
swimming holes. Check with any old timers you run across, do some library research to discover old carnival grounds, revival meeting sites, lovers' lanes, boy scout camps, picnic grounds and any other old popular sites from the past. But make sure your not on private property or get the owners permission before you search. You don't need a load of buckshot in your butt.
Bob

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Bob, That is a good days haul. Congrats

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread