JackInFlorida

Feb 28, 2007
Leesburg, FL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 - Whites PI Pro, Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, decided not to go to the West coast, too much hassle with the pooch and all without making plans ahead of time. I decided to go up to Vilano Beach, but further North than I usually go with moe (fl). Anyone that has hunted Vilano has seen this type of haul.

vilano1.jpg

That is not all the fishing weights, after I unloaded this bunch into the car, a fisherman asked me what I'm finding. So I scooped a handful of weights from my pouch and gave them to him. Saved another trip to the car.

I was out in about chest high water when I got a big signal. I was trying and trying to dig this thing up, but it seemed like I was hitting something with the scoop. Of course, the waves are now smashing me in the face. Why does it seem that the tide comes in so fast when you have an elusive target? Finally got it up and it was the back end of a jon boat with the bolts where an engine would be mounted. I was kinda tired from that ordeal, so I headed to shore. When I got to the dry sand, I got a signal, scooped it and dumped it out. Went to grab my pinpointer (vibratector) and it wasn't there. CRAP CRAP CRAP, it must have worked its way out of the holster while I was busy digging up the freaking Titanic out in the water.

I started working back and forth in ankle deep water watching closely at the waves to try and spot it. I got a signal and dug up this beauty.

vilano2.jpg

It made me feel better, but I spent two more hours there and never found the pinpointer. If anyone is hunting Vilano and North, it is an older model vibratector with red and gray plastic, not the newer yellow and gray ones. I'm pretty sure I scratched my name on it somewhere.

I'm going to put an ad on Craigslist for it.

Jack

Upvote 0

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That looks like allot of my days on the Columbia River minus the gold!!!!!! Great finds and HH Chug!!!! love those golden moments!!!!

Mr Tuff

Silver Member
Dec 4, 2008
ILL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett pro pointer, bounty hunter 202 with a 10in magnum coil, Automax pinpointer,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice gold!!!! MR TUFF

mikewaz

Bronze Member
May 9, 2008
Chicago
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266 X Fisher F75
Nice going!
If that's your crap to gold ratio you're doing great ;D. Hope your pinpointer turns up.
Mike

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread