Hunting w/ 505 in All Metals and a DD

hunter_46356

Feb 12, 2012
Indiana/Florida
Detector(s) used
NOx 800, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It’s amazing how much you learn about your detector when you try different things. Yesterday I hunted an old football field that I’ve been to several times. Since I put a new DD coil on I knew I had much deeper possibilities in all metals mode. So I hunted specifically in AM and when I found a target switched to Discrimination set at about 12:00. By the AM tone I was able to tell if the target was small or large and the disc. mode gave me an idea of the target ID. Lifting the coil over questionable targets gave me an indication of trash or treasure. Not perfect but I did uncover several clad quarters at 7” to 8” and a gold plated woman’s ring in ground I’ve hunted many times. Using this method both quarters only toned on one side of the swing, were solid and did not jump around, so I had to diggem and find out. Had to ground balance frequently but was acceptable. Opened some new/old ground. :headbang:

herb n surf

Jun 12, 2011
Gulf Coast Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
whites' Pi Pro, Dual Field, and fisher labs' Cz21 , BH Land Star, BH 3300 ,Garrett GTI 2500
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Good post Hunter. Always learning is the name of the game. Hope you find a lot of gold and silver..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread