Huntington Bank / Key Bank

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looking to expand the number of dump banks I use, and was wondering if anyone here has had experience --good, bad, or ugly-- with dumping (halves) at either Huntington or Key Bank. There are tons of branches nearby, but would appreciate to hear others' experiences before I consider opening accounts at one or both.

Thanks in advance and happy hunting!

Upvote 0

OtlFrutiger

Apr 10, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My experiences with both have been kind of unfriendly. It may just depend on the branch, but they seem to be much more suspicious of everything you are doing all the time. My Huntington branch (WHERE I HAVE AN ACCOUNT) won't even order boxes of change for me. Maybe it's just the branches I've gone into, but Huntington and Key seem to be some of the worst banks around here.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
huntington are good people, always order boxes for me, never give me trouble, and they dont even realize I don't even have an account.

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Key bank blows. I would use pnc, find the ones with the free coin counters, no bags on those machines. Some of them will put a bad hurting in you with dimes as pennes though. Halves have never been wrong for me.

OP
OP

323GTX

Jan 15, 2013
Columbus, OH & Beijing, PRC
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
huntington are good people, always order boxes for me, never give me trouble, and they dont even realize I don't even have an account.

Thanks, .50, but getting boxes of halves has never been a problem for me. I was really wondering about how Huntington and Key are as dump banks. I currently use Chase and 5/3 to dump, but would like to expand my options.

I know neither banks have public coin counters (which are very rare in Columbus), but it would be sweet if they accepted rerolls or Coinlok bag deposits without fees or delayed credit. The reason I ask about Huntington in particular is that there is one branch less than a mile from my apartment, and 3 other branches within a 3-mile radius. A total of 4 branches just within walking distance... not that I would walk with boxes of halves, but you get the gist.

Half_Hunter-- There are tons of PNC branches around me as well, but only a few with coin counters... and those are 6 to 8 miles away. I have a feeling that if I were to try and dump at a PNC branch without a machine, they'd shoo my away and tell me to go dump at the branches with counters. No?

Thanks again, all. Appreciate the input.

Half Hunter

Jan 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IV gotten stuck twice picking up at pnc with someones whole box dump. Cant really say no, when your ordering boxes. If your getting brinks boxes I would dump them at the pnc banks cause thats garda. Gotta watch them chase banks some of them are garda and some are brinks. I mostly use the pnc machines for cwr rolls I get on weekends and mondays.

50cent

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2012
Super-Skunksville x1000.
Primary Interest:
Other
I dumped PNC to death, they removed the coin machine from the lobby because of me, just get odd looks each time I walk in there now. Last time I was there, I asked when they were getting the coin machine back, the female tellers did some whispering, called the manager over, and he said its not coming back.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread